Octavia Scout 150bhp ordered.

No the only 4x4 options are with the diesels, both 1.6 or 2.0

There isn't a huge range of 4x4 variants of anything available over here...

Audis do the Quattro versions

Bmw have started selling xDrive versions, but only recently as the used market is quite sparse

For the most though it is only on SUV shaped cars that you can get it.... Skoda is one of the only that make a standard 4x4 car (though only as combi)

The Scout is more halfway between SUV and car, so there is a Passat, Leon, Volvo v70, etc niche market for these

I guess 4x4 isnt in that big demand over there?

34% of all cars sold in 2014 in Norway was 4x4. And 75% of the BMWs sold was 4x4.

Ive never owned a 4x4, so Im almost looking forward to next winter when I have my Octavia.

Would be nice to have it today, hurricane and snow outside...

Add me to the list, just ordered from a metal grey scout 150 from : http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/65881/skoda/octavia/20_tdi_cr_scout_4x4_5dr.html.

£1,800 down, 23x£120 , plus £180 documentation fee. that's £4,740 all in. 5,000 per annum, additional miles charged at 7.2p EA ( making an extra 10k miles £720 )

Some cracking deals out there, the following has just appeared over on the pistonheads leasing thread.

http://www.freedomcontracts.com/Skoda-Octavia-Estate-2.0-TDI-Scout-5Dr-Business-Lease/2119

These deals look like no-brainers if they check out? On a two year deal a new Scout is yours for £536.37 deposit with a monthly payment of £178.79. Very impressive deals those :)

aaah yeah, free servicing. forgot about that

no 4x4 isn't that popular....it's quite funny the number of people who refuse to believe my VW transporter van is 4x4, even to the point of arguing with my before going and having a look underneath

it's a shame as the haldex sytem on the VWs, Skodas and Seats is really unobtrusive most of the time but great when you need traction

Guys I may have taken leave of my senses but I've ordered with the brown interior. Am I going to deeply regret this decision?! Any pics of it in the flesh so to speak? Cheers

it looks like the brown alcantera interior like the L&K, there is a thread with photos of some cars with the brown L&K interiors.... but they do look better in real life!

the demo I test drove had brown interior, I liked it but my wife didn't

Edited by johnthesparky

Thanks for that, I'll stay the course! Good to be different to all black. My second car I've ordered without sitting in or driving. Probably not normal behaviour but if there's a fan club here I figure they must be alright!

Why buy a diesel for only 10k per year? It's be much better to go for a petrol, although if leasing you don't have the worry of DPF issues in the future

The petrol will be nothing like as cheap to lease as its residuals will be considerably weaker by comparison....the TSI will not be as popular for sure.

I went and checked..... as I'm now waiting for my 150ps 4x4

I would have seriously considered the 1.8 if they did it, not had a petrol in years (and would live in fear of putting the wrong fuel in)

I think because the 4x4 variants are such small sellers they don't see the need, but I think the petrol would possibly attract new customers

Yep this is the first diesel car I'll ever have 'owned' and the first with less than 200bhp so it's going to be an interesting experience. At least the scout is euro 6 so I'm not adding to the horrendous state of air pollution as I would have on the older engine. I'm a cyclist so I've always hated the dirge filthy spew, euro 6 is a welcome addition.

Yep this is the first diesel car I'll ever have 'owned' and the first with less than 200bhp so it's going to be an interesting experience. At least the scout is euro 6 so I'm not adding to the horrendous state of air pollution as I would have on the older engine. I'm a cyclist so I've always hated the dirge filthy spew, euro 6 is a welcome addition.

Are you sure its Euro6? The TDI engines in the O3 as far as I am aware do not yet employ SCR/Adblue tech (as they now do in 190 and 240 Bi-TDI forms) so am pretty sure they are EU5. Still pretty clean though.

Wouldnt worry too much about the 150 TDi's performance, is a very good powerplant and the car itself is v light for what it is. Its as quick if perhaps not slightly quicker than a standard 170 CR powered MK2 vRS so whilst no dragster its not a slow car.

Yes definitely all new cars have to be from September 2014. Check the spec sheet on the website. I think the vrs is still euro 5 though but I could be wrong about that.

Yes definitely all new cars have to be from September 2014. Check the spec sheet on the website. I think the vrs is still euro 5 though but I could be wrong about that.

Perhaps they are EU6 compliant without the need for SCR?