Octavia Scout 150bhp ordered.

I expect the broker I ordered from has a longer waiting list than most, due to volume of sales. Not in any great hurry, have two cars, one is leased the other owned outright, but the miles are racking up on it on the own one ! You make a good point on lease period, think I will move towards 3 yr deal next time and all good things must come to an end. The deals do seem too good at times and can't carry on, can they?

Happy ordering, what colour? Think about a spare wheel, a can of stuff, late at night on a Devon country road or any road for that matter is not going to be fun

• Like 1

Any chance you could post up some pics Martin?

Plenty of denim blue pics of Scouts about but not many race blue ones.

I only have the shots I took on my phone when it first arrived as I haven't had an opportunity to photograph it properly yet. But here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/je8gm9jrr14l7kp/IMG_0052.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/63i3vnebix7f4n4/IMG_0053.JPG?dl=0

• Like 2

I expect the broker I ordered from has a longer waiting list than most, due to volume of sales. Not in any great hurry, have two cars, one is leased the other owned outright, but the miles are racking up on it on the own one ! You make a good point on lease period, think I will move towards 3 yr deal next time and all good things must come to an end. The deals do seem too good at times and can't carry on, can they?

Happy ordering, what colour? Think about a spare wheel, a can of stuff, late at night on a Devon country road or any road for that matter is not going to be fun

Ordered now, Race blue - forgot the spare doh! But it's for the wife, and she won't be changing the wheel however need to get one for the vRs also as that's only got a can of stuff. Maybe I just need to buy a set of winter wheels and use 2 of the ones not on for spares!

• Like 1

Can you all please ensure you are adding the bi-xenon headlights to your factory orders.

When your Scouts are 2 or 3 years old and are being churned out onto dealers forecourts in their hundreds I'd like to ensure they are all to my desired spec!

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

Can you all please ensure you are adding the bi-xenon headlights to your factory orders.

When your Scouts are 2 or 3 years old and are being churned out onto dealers forecourts in their hundreds I'd like to ensure they are all to my desired spec!

Good point - and the more people we can get to lease these, the more likely it is we can go and buy each other's cheaply after 2/3 years

Our local dealer currently has 96 silver ones in stock ready for the ambulance service around here, but probably won't fancy one of those after 3 years hard work and bodily fluids etc!

Yeah, they got two deliveries (guessing multiple lorries) of 48, most are stored off the dealers site and I thi they are bringing them in gradually to Pdi and prep - these are on contract lease, bet they got more than 10k pa though! Standard scouts, we looked around one whilst demo scout was out. Also had a fairly knackered paramedic Mkii in - seemed to be leaking oil out the bottom, hence I'm unlikely to buy a second hand silver one around here in 3-4 years time (or a 10 plate one now)

Edited by Exeterj
  • Like 1

Ordered now, Race blue - forgot the spare doh! But it's for the wife, and she won't be changing the wheel however need to get one for the vRs also as that's only got a can of stuff. Maybe I just need to buy a set of winter wheels and use 2 of the ones not on for spares!

nice colour, our other car is a similar colour. How long is the wait for you?

Well, the order only went through yesterday so waiting for build week - the dealers latest build dates suggested 7-8 weeks from order to build, and then he reckoned a few weeks for delivery (will take that with pinch of salt). He might find out on build week tomorrow - but presumably 18 or 19 if his chart is right.

Lucky enough to have the vRS as my car, the Scout is for the wife - she has 10 year old CRV at the mo, which is good but getting long in the tooth. We live on Dartmoor and she's a nurse so there a lot of pressure to get into work (and get back) when we get the bad weather hence the CRV - so the Scout should be an ideal car (the vRS has proved the size is ideal for what we need for the kids etc).

Finding a few of major annoying issues with my Scout. 1.Gearbox - change up from 1st to 2nd is absolutely awful, to the extent you have to plan the gear change in advance. Notchy and slow. 2. Seats - can't find a comfortable position. High up and it tilts forward too much, low down and the clutch throw is too long. 3. Noise. It's an odd sounding car. I usually like throaty diesels but this one has an unpleasant exhaust tone from behind me. Not enjoying the motorway speeds whatsoever.

We took a test drive of an Octavia estate, in view of the scout lease deals. After spending much time with the sales guy, it turns out that similar deals are available on all Octavia's, that we were interested in which wasl manual 150bhp 2.0 tdi estates.

We're looking at an SE estate 10k miles with a grands worth of options (front parking sensors, heated seats, variable boot floor) on 6 + 47 at £245 inc VAT & maintenance. An elegance estate with front parking & heated seats another £10 month.

Could anyone recommend any options that are really worth it, Canton?

Ps) Scout on 10K miles, 6 + 47 inc maintenance inc VAT was £245 month.

Hi all, ordered my Scout last week, £206 per month. On a 9 plus 23, 10k per annum. It's the Dsg 180bhp model with free metallic paint.

Been told it's a 12 week build time, but can't wait.

I'm currently driving a Audi A4 BB S Line auto but needed a bit more space.

Looking forward to hearing people's views on the Scout.

Finding a few of major annoying issues with my Scout. 1.Gearbox - change up from 1st to 2nd is absolutely awful, to the extent you have to plan the gear change in advance. Notchy and slow

There is a sort of transmission shunt that I've noticed on all the haldex 4x4 vag group cars I've driven, which is really noticeable from 1st to 2nd....

After 90k miles in my van I don't get it very often but noticed it again the first time I sat next to my wife when she was driving.

I think the boxes like a slower change, but doesn't bother me much..... Just changed my driving style a bit.

Hopefully it'll grow on you :-)

Alex Laurie called me on Saturday to say our new Scout is in the UK at the docks and will be delivered to them sometime this week.

I’m starting to get excited now, but need to find a suitable tow bar for it.

Will posts some pics as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Laurie called me on Saturday to say our new Scout is in the UK at the docks and will be delivered to them sometime this week.

I’m starting to get excited now, but need to find a suitable tow bar for it.

Will posts some pics as soon as I can.

Called into the dealer and the car is still on the dockside in Grimsby 10 days later.

Apparently they're waiting for 50 cars.

Brian