Mileage Milestones

IMG_20150410_234427.jpg

I didn't want to double post but apparently adding this pic was too big for my previous post.

But anyways, check out the average MPG [emoji41]

Nice, but that is just single journey average consumption - need to use the 2nd trip counter and measure it over a whole tank - then it would be really impressive.

• Like 1

Nice, but that is just single journey average consumption - need to use the 2nd trip counter and measure it over a whole tank - then it would be really impressive.

Is there's a way to see the average mpg for the whole tank or is it still a matter of using the trip mileage and the amount of fuel you fill the tank with to get the overall mpg?

Is there's a way to see the average mpg for the whole tank or is it still a matter of using the trip mileage and the amount of fuel you fill the tank with to get the overall mpg?

Although it's 4 months since I drove it, there's something like trip a and trip b on the maxidot.

One shows average mpg for the current journey. (Auto resets if engine is off for 2 hours)

The other shows average mpg since the last trip reset - I manually reset this one each time I fill up.

• Like 1

Although it's 4 months since I drove it, there's something like trip a and trip b on the maxidot.

One shows average mpg for the current journey. (Auto resets if engine is off for 2 hours)

The other shows average mpg since the last trip reset - I manually reset this one each time I fill up.

Correct - trip 2 will show average consumption for the duration until you reset it. It's what mine lives on and gets zeroed when I refuel. However, I use Fuelly as my main mpg tracker as the instrument display is over-optimistic.

I expect flickr has direct links on the page like photobucket.

I just click the direct link on photobucket, then paste it into a post here:

toledo%20rear_zpsx29aveqp.jpg

like that.

For Flickr, on the page for the given photo you want to embed, look for and click on the arrow pointing right (usually in the bottom right corner of the page) - this is the Share This Photo option.

It'll give you a small pop-up window where you can choose the size of the image you want to embed, and whether you want HTML code or BBCode (for Briskoda, you want BBCode).

Just copy and paste the code into your post, which will look like this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rm77dQ][img=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7598/16636440720_60db28a9a7_t.jpg][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/rm77dQ]Untitled[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/25315186@N00/]Chris Green[/url], on Flickr
Also, Troy Minton - I do hope you had a passenger taking that pic, as you appear to have been doing at least 50mph at the time. And you need petrol :)

Yes of course, wifey indulged my little obsession by taking the pic. Not the first time she's been called upon for that task. And she hates it!

I was to busy driving and trying to balance the mpg number to 66.6

As for fuel status - it's diesel so that'll get me to the moon and back!

• Like 1

I think we need to ban diesel owners from this thread, their superior mpg figures are getting embarrassing :)

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

Yeah but over 20 miles??? No big deaL.

I can get my TSi to show that mpg after a reset when fully warmed up.

Added to which - could you petrol owners stand the racket and vibration from the antique 1.6TDi - I know I couldn't - even if it did 100 mpg.

It's noisy, rough, heavy (bad for handling and ride) and sounds like a taxi - I'll take the super smooth 105TSi any day (it was 2k cheaper too!)

• Like 1