Bosch Wiper Blades

Don't know i would trust them to be genuine, looking at the seller details. Hope for you guys they are.

One five star review states they have not even fitted them yet, Lol.

35 minutes ago, Tilt said:

Don't know i would trust them to be genuine, looking at the seller details. Hope for you guys they are.

One five star review states they have not even fitted them yet, Lol.

Then I'll just open a dispute with fleabay and get a refund.....

Just to put a different slant on things here (for the cheap skates like me!); I’m happy with the cheapo version of the Bosch wipers. Yes I replace them twice as much, but at a fraction of the cost. Regular cleaning of my screen helps longevity enough to continue with my cheapness :blush

16 hours ago, jars said:

Just to put a different slant on things here (for the cheap skates like me!); I’m happy with the cheapo version of the Bosch wipers. Yes I replace them twice as much, but at a fraction of the cost. Regular cleaning of my screen helps longevity enough to continue with my cheapness :blush

I'm even more of a cheapo, bud. I purchase the rubbers only and refit them.

There are only two sellers I could find selling the correct rubbers for these at around a fiver inc del for two rubbers.

One is introventure and the other is 2mm-service.

At least you appreciate they could be fake and accept this. As a consumer you wouldn't particularly know if they were fake, and you certainly would not be able to prove that they were, and i think struggle to get a refund after using them for a short while.

I learn't my lesson after buying some Valeo ones off ebay years ago. They weren't great operating, but looked fine.

If i was buying new i would sooner purchase from wiperblades.uk or the likes.

Edited by Tilt

2 hours ago, Tilt said:

I'm even more of a cheapo, bud. I purchase the rubbers only and refit them.

I usually do this too but after 4 refills the end cap is looking a bit manky and a black is now dark grey so time for new ones.

Where do you source your rubbers (f'nar f'nar)? I found that only VW can sources these locally and not the Skoda Parts desk.

^^^ the two sellers i mention are on ebay, introventure at £5 for two are the cheapest at the moment.

Search - Bosch Aerotwin Rubber Refill ( 650mm ) - 1 Pair.

or search 2x 700mm, should bring the others up at nearly £7 inc del.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tilt said:

^^^ the two sellers i mention are on ebay, introventure at £5 for two are the cheapest at the moment.

Search - Bosch Aerotwin Rubber Refill ( 650mm ) - 1 Pair.

or search 2x 700mm, should bring the others up at nearly £7 inc del.

Any idea if these can be used on the rear of a hatchback? Not found a way of doing this yet.

5 hours ago, Golf-Fiend said:

Any idea if these can be used on the rear of a hatchback? Not found a way of doing this yet.

If they have Bosch Aerotwin fitted then I cannot see why not. Mine is estate with a different old style metal frame fitted at rear so these rubbers only good for my fronts.

I bought a set from Windscreen Wipers Direct about a year ago (Bosch A 397 S and A 400H).

When they arrived I was a little suspicious as the return address looks like a house address. 

A quick look on Google Earth/ Street View shows the address to be a garage called Christian Cars Ltd and Street View shows they are a Bosch Approved Service Garage.

Anyway, the blades appear to be genuine and they have been on there for a year with no problem. Hope this gives you confidence with your purchases.

11 minutes ago, pikpilot said:

I bought a set from Windscreen Wipers Direct about a year ago (Bosch A 397 S and A 400H).

When they arrived I was a little suspicious as the return address looks like a house address. 

A quick look on Google Earth/ Street View shows the address to be a garage called Christian Cars Ltd and Street View shows they are a Bosch Approved Service Garage.

Anyway, the blades appear to be genuine and they have been on there for a year with no problem. Hope this gives you confidence with your purchases.

But they are buying from a shop called wee bargain and a woman named Aleksandra Wawrzyniak based in West Lothian, which i doubt is a Bosch Approved Service Garage.

32 minutes ago, Tilt said:

But they are buying from a shop called wee bargain and a woman named Aleksandra Wawrzyniak based in West Lothian, which i doubt is a Bosch Approved Service Garage.

I looked at the link in the earlier post, not at the latest one. My error.

On 19/10/2017 at 16:40, Tilt said:

You may be correct with your assertion they are not genuine.

However, with a manufacturer fitting a cheat device to its engines to pass tests resulting in its reputation going way down the cludgie, several manufacturers having to do recalls due to an airbag manufacturer cutting corners, and the recent announcement that several manufacturers may have produced vehicles with substandard metal due to another manufacturer cutting corners, who's to say that counterfeit goods are not of an equal or even better quality than the original?