Skoda Rapid

Roytheboy

Anyone know the reason for the Rapid to continue pulling (i.e.accelerating ) even when braking. Without using the accelerator it will travel at almost 30MPH in 4th gear

I find this rather dangerous especially in winter conditions.

Also has anyone found the answer to the horrendous booming? Skoda UK just say it is a characteristic of the car. Not acceptable in my eyes but they have made it very plain they are not interested.

Re your problem with the car running at 30mph in 4th with no throttle pedal pressed, what speed is the engine operating - ie how many revs per minute. Modern cars, in general, don't put in any fuel to the engine if the pedal isn't pressed unless engine speed is below about 1000 to 1200 rpm. The 1.2TSI and 1.4TSI engines will run happily on flat roads in high gear at 1000rpm and this might be what you're seeing?

• 2 months later...

1 As Bidey posted the booming is fixable, just search the threads on it in the last 12 months on here. 

Also if your car has worn Dunlop Sportmaxx on it - they are notoriously noisy.

2 I believe the accelerator recall (product enhancement) is specifically for your speed problem. 

Ask the dealer if your particular car needs the modification (pedal replacement)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1