New focus rs - looks a bit pants imho...

Exeterj

Dislike, genuinely quite disappointed :( they've gone very 'tame' on it. I think one could drive down the street and not really be noticed. Whereas the mark 2 is just so aggressive looking and sounding.

Can't help but think it sounds like a modded saxo in the video too?

I would have been prepared to change the mk2 for the new model but right not I don't think so. AWD sounds good but not sure it sways it enough for me to change.

The most cringe worthy presentation ever.  Who thought Mr Brittas was a good idea, i'd have been more impressed if Alan Partridge hosted it.

With the Golf R covering this sector so well already and with an estate version and the DSG box, i just don't see the choice, if i was 18 i may like the new RS, but now i'm older, i'd much prefer the stealth of a golf.

• Like 2

I'm a bit of a ford man myself, I'm also from Essex, RS is in my veins...

The first focus RS was incredible. I've never been in the second RS, but I imagine it's good, however I don't like the way it looks.

This one is, in my opinion, looks incredible.

I bet it goes like the clappers and its high time they went back to AWD.

I'm not a fan of the Golf R, just on looks. But there's obviously huge competition in this sector. Will it do well? Don't care. Would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

Guest BigJase88

I'm a bit of a ford man myself, I'm also from Essex, RS is in my veins...

The first focus RS was incredible. I've never been in the second RS, but I imagine it's good, however I don't like the way it looks.

This one is, in my opinion, looks incredible.

I bet it goes like the clappers and its high time they went back to AWD.

I'm not a fan of the Golf R, just on looks. But there's obviously huge competition in this sector. Will it do well? Don't care. Would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

If i had the money to buy a fast hot hatch id go with a merc A45 amg

Don't like the big Halfords wing on the back but otherwise ok.

Still, not my thing really. If I could afford to buy and run one, I'd buy something else.

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/focus-rs/15135/watch-ford-focus-rs-exclusive-evo-video

Will the real competition have moved on up, by the time it arrives in UK.

18 months to late but guess it will be very price competitive?

So it's manual box only for the Ford Focus RS.http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/manual-transmission-future-ford-rs-models

I'd have a well cared for Mk1 and pocket the change thanks.

and sit back and watch it's value rise.  Mk1 Focus Rs in my eyes is the last proper  RS ford made.  Add that to the list of the Puma Racing the RS that was fully RS bar the name.