Exhaust tip

• 1 month later...

whats it look like from lower down ? id have thought the valance/skirt would need a cutout?

looks great

To install the tip what I did was,

1 Cut the end off the OE exhaust approx 2" ( basically the curved end that points down)

2 Offer the tip up and mark round the tip on the under section that needs cutting with a marker

3 Remove the plastic under section (3 or 4 screws) and cut the small section that was marked out off the under tray and re-fit.

4 Fit new exhaust tip and bolt on

You do not have to touch the bumper or the bumper lip

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thats quite a bit of work to fit that exhaust trim.I was looking for something more along the lines of what Wire did without the excessive cutting away of everything.

It does look good i must admit.Well done.

Wire did you just clamp the new tip onto the existing tailpipe?

I,d love for you to make up one for me :)

It looks really great.Well done.

Yes, just cut the curved piece off the oem and slide the new tail pipe over it and use a u clamp

Oh but yours looks like a better quality one. They've got one discounted to £10 that almost looks like yours.

5c41b12b6838b1b4ef2a032cdf14a4fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the same one but I welded a piece on the back of it to fit the oem

post-114904-0-80382000-1429686099_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good but my god thats a lot of work to put into a rapid just to get a nice looking tail pipe! looks like he's cut half the back of the car away to get it to sit properly!!!

No, do not worry, radius of the cutted part is only 40mm, not half rear part of the car, how it looks :-D. Photo from mobile phone is no right reality, it is little distorted. Hole is only for exhaust pipe, not for the stainless-steel exhaust tail pipe.

• Like 1

Yes, I know, this is very hard for mind, cutting into a new car. I have car two years old and I waited one year with this change....

Edited by miklisek
  • Like 1

Cherry bombs and peco's!! Now we're showing our age! Fond memories.

I remember Peco's .. had one on my very first car, a Hillman Californian !!  

• 4 months later...