Rear electric windows

SWMBO was in her friends 1.416v Fabia "W" reg year 2000 I think :confused: that has rear electric windows. She is wondering why the vRS doesn't have them and how hard it would be to put them if we were to go and find one from a breakers?

Thanks.

Think they didnt do them for long unfortunately - extra weight, etc.

I wouldnt mind them if they had child-locks on them, you know the toggle the thing on/off kind, with controls on the driver side to put the windows up/down.

Does your Mrs' friend have controls for those 'up front' (pardon the expression ;))

I'd expect a little wiring enjoyment would be required, and you'd probably need new door cards or whatever they're called :)

IIRC, it was dropped in late 2001 as my early 2001 Elegance had them :D It had a button to disable the rears ones too which is very useful if you have young'uns in the back :D

I can't understand why it was dropped as a factory fit option though .... :(

Chris

Guest Fabia 12v
I figured out today you can actually open the rear windows when your sat in the driving seat :rofl:

not when ur on the motorway!!! Or i hope you haven't tried it!

SWMBO was in her friends 1.416v Fabia "W" reg year 2000 I think :confused: that has rear electric windows. She is wondering why the vRS doesn't have them and how hard it would be to put them if we were to go and find one from a breakers?

Thanks.

so theres a problem there. the door cards only come in beige as early elegances only came with beige seats.

try a parts searck on auto mend or one of the others via the autotrader site.

i can't see there being many elegances in scrappies as apparently there arent many fabias at all which is why there is no haynes manual not enough cars sold in uk to recover cost of an english language haynes manual.

I think we roughly worked it out, you would need either an after market window (a'la 1.4 Sport which arent nice) or -

Door trims and associated handles etc

Window regulators with motor control units

Central Door Locking ECU

Wiring to the switches and back to the ECU's

IIRC the motor/ECU's are about