Someone hurt my rapid :(

So I took the car in on Wednesday morning. Its having a new front bumper & fog lamp as well as a repair to both wings (one could be sorted by a decent Ding/Dent man). So when how long till I get it back? They tell me its needing 5 hours of paint?

You took the car in????

A decent insurance company, i.e. the one I use, would pick it up and deliver the courtesy car (first) !!!

Especially when their recommended repairer is 30 miles away.

I wouldn't put up with that service...

I wouldn't want someone else driving my car for 30 miles [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - I don't even like garage staff driving my car from the forecourt to the workshop, 30 miles - definitely not.

My insurance company wanted me to take it a place in Sunderland. I did have a previous bad experience when they repaired my Furby, so I asked for a different one. Within an hour a garage from Crook, Co Durham came to my workplace to pick it up. A week later, dropped it to my home address. Was pretty impressed with that service.

• Like 1

And people wonder why insurance is so expensive.

...but it isn't very expensive. 

I pay a little more for service rather than pay the cheapest out there.

I have been burned by some big name insurance firms as well, but I'm really happy with our current one because they actually handle claims promptly and pay up.

So, I got my car back on Friday... What a mess! When I got there the number plate was hanging off, there was overspray all over a head lamp scratches on the freshly painted bumper. The car had been washed with a dirty sponge and there was a dent in the rear near side door. To say I was livid was an understatement! The car went round the back was cleaned and some polish was used to remove scratches and over spray and they have booked me in with a dent man to fix the doors. In fairness they bent over backwards to try and keep me happy, they even touched up some of the chips on my rear bumper. Such a pain in the bump though...

So, I got my car back on Friday... What a mess! When I got there the number plate was hanging off, there was overspray all over a head lamp scratches on the freshly painted bumper. The car had been washed with a dirty sponge and there was a dent in the rear near side door. To say I was livid was an understatement! The car went round the back was cleaned and some polish was used to remove scratches and over spray and they have booked me in with a dent man to fix the doors. In fairness they bent over backwards to try and keep me happy, they even touched up some of the chips on my rear bumper. Such a pain in the bump though...

Words really fail me - that's absolutely taking the p*** - I'd have absolutely exploded.