Artists' impressions of every new SUV up to 2019

Well we have seen some of these before, laughed at others and a few can be taken with a big pinch of salt (e.g. the TERRIBLE Jag impression that looks nothing like the concept car) , but this list from the German AutoBild magazine makes for interesting viewing nonetheless.

http://www.autobild.de/bilder/neue-suvs-bis-2019-5425792.html#bild1

If you were thinking of what to replace your Yeti with, the choice over the next few years will be quite bewildering. Both in the class above and a whole lot of new ones in the class below - even from the likes of Audi. So you can imagine the price range of these. So you could have a fully loaded baby VW Polo based Audi Q1 for the same price as a basic low spec Škoda Sherpa perhaps...  who knows. But some interesting pics anyway.

Some of them:

The new BMW X1 - which I think doesn't look too bad for a BMW - especially relative to the current pig ugly X1:

BMW-X1-Illustration-1200x800-5f97964aa52

BMW-X1-Illustration-1200x800-f46877ba37a

The coupe version of the 2-series SUV, the X2 also look good - albeit totally impractical:

BMW-X2-Illustration-1200x800-4f0d4575ea5

The Hyundai iX35 will grow from the fat pregnant ugly truckling it is today into something more akin to its very handsome big brother the Tucson. I like this:

Hyundai-ix35-Tucson-Illustration-1200x80

Hyundai-ix35-Tucson-Illustration-1200x80

The Audi Q1 doesn't look too bad either - weird dent in the doors below the window line notwithstanding...

Audi-Q1-Illustration-1200x800-aad50ef302

Audi-Q1-Illustration-1200x800-f7382c9e62

The next Q3 is also neat looking:

Audi-Q3-Illustration-1200x800-d4fdf07988

Audi-Q3-Illustration-1200x800-bd6ae4ba0c

The Q5 will inherit the just launched Q7's styling:

Audi-Q5-Illustration-1200x800-dc3b21a5ea

Very space age looking new Dacia Duster:

Dacia-Duster-Illustration-1200x800-85ee9

And an even better looking Dacia Sandero Stepway:

Dacia-Sandero-Stepway-Illustration-1200x

Even the humble Vauxhall Meriva will become a faux-by-four!

Opel-Meriva-Illustration-1200x800-fc52f9

A VW GOlf SUV is planned as well:

VW-Golf-SUV-Illustration-1200x800-c9d849

And a very ugly baby Škoda SUV based on the VW Polo:

Skoda-Mini-SUV-Illustration-1200x800-961

So we will be totally spoilt for choice it seems.

• Like 2

You must have a different slant on taste to me, think the Jag looks great, we bought a IX35 as we think its one of the nicest ones, and don't like its replacement, ( from your pic),and still think the Yeti is the most uncool soft roader there is  

You must have a different slant on taste to me, think the Jag looks great, we bought a IX35 as we think its one of the nicest ones, and don't like its replacement, ( from your pic),and still think the Yeti is the most uncool soft roader there is  

Thankfully taste differ eh?  And read what I said again please.  I said the artist's impression of the Jag was awful not the actual car - which I very much like.

They are much of a muchness, if you squint at them through half shut eyes they look all the same

Designers are too scared to come up with something radical or different in case it bombs, which is fair enough, but everyone ends up driving round in clones. That was always the beauty of Citroen --at least their cars are a bit different--look at the new Cactus :peek:

They are much of a muchness, if you squint at them through half shut eyes they look all the same

Designers are too scared to come up with something radical or different in case it bombs, which is fair enough, but everyone ends up driving round in clones. That was always the beauty of Citroen --at least their cars are a bit different--look at the new Cactus :peek:

I love the Cactus. Have seen two on UK roads now and they are teensy tiny though. Micro-engines and no all wheel drive either. So a different class of car (to a Yeti) in my book. The Cactus is really just a Citroën C3 sized car (in other words VW Polo sized) in drag.

• Like 1

Thankfully taste differ eh?  And read what I said again please.  I said the artist's impression of the Jag was awful not the actual car - which I very much like.

. I did read what you said I love the artists jag and hate the dull concept

. I did read what you said I love the artists jag and hate the dull concept

Haha...  no the other way around. :) Apart from the atrociously awful name ( Jaguar F-Pace) the new Jag SUV is one of my absolute favourites I think. I won't mind that or a new LR Discovery Sport. But the Jaguar certainly is the best looker.

As I like to plan my next car early, rather than 'buying in haste', I'm hoping the next Generation Yeti will suit. VAG products usually seem good to me so I'm considering Tiguan, Golf SV or the Golf SUV in the linked article.

Hmm.

Think it would be a retrograde step for the yeti.

Regression to the mean. It is similar to all the other mid-priced SUVs ...think it loses the distinctive yeti 'flavour'

Pretty in its own way I guess.

J

What about probably the one with greatest interest here?

Skoda-Snowman-Illustration-1200x800-ee07

unfortuantely, look slike all the rest. The one thing that I love about the Yeti is the fact that it has a retro look and is kinda cool.

What about probably the one with greatest interest here?

It's been commented on to death in about five gazillion threads on here so I didn't bother opening up that conversation yet again.

The same argument happens every time. "It looks like all the rest" "The bug eyes are gone" "It looks like a (soon to be launched) Tiguan" "It has no Yeti style any more". All true. But also, have all been said a million times now. Until we see how exactly Škoda will ruin the Yeti, its all conjecture.

It's been commented on to death in about five gazillion threads on here so I didn't bother opening up that conversation yet again.

The same argument happens every time. "It looks like all the rest" "The bug eyes are gone" "It looks like a (soon to be launched) Tiguan" "It has no Yeti style any more". All true. But also, have all been said a million times now. Until we see how exactly Škoda will ruin the Yeti, its all conjecture.

I'm happy with mine :sun:

I bought my 1.4 16v  Fabia Elegance Estate in much the same circumstances to the Yeti I've just bought, about 18 months before the Mk2 came out, and I'm afraid we both liked the looks of the Mk1 much better so a Mk2 was out of the question.