Please help me love my fabia

serafumi

A few years back there was a post (probably on here) about it pulling to the left. It's to do with the rear wheels aren't adjustable as on a Golf / Leon etc. The fix was to get it laser tracked, see how far out the rear wheels out are (they are designed to pull to the left to avoid a head on collosion if you let go of the wheel, so you run a pedestrian over instead), fit a tapered shim under the rear hub at the right angle then re-laser it to check it's neutral. That was what I vaguely remember anyway, I was going to do it but brought a 911 instead and put up with the Fab pulling left. 

I've had my Fabia VRS about 6 years, put over 126,000 miles on it, over that period I've changed the console bushes and a steering arm but now really handles badly compared to its early days but I still love it...It's due a birthday of track rod ends and bushes all round, arms etc when I get the time. 

edit: just found the link: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/90281-diy-pic-guide-proper-re-alignment-of-rear-axle/

Edited by F.A.B.

• 7 months later...

Afternoon all . So nearly a year on and I'm still feeling the Fabia isn't right !! As you can see from this post I've changed pretty much everything .. Recently it's had new beam bushes and a steering rack . Been 4 wheel laser aligned. It's got 1.3 degrees neg camber . So that's slightly out of spec . . I've tried front tyres too . I did notice that both rear wheels are slightly buckled .. Also when it was on the ramp I had a look around and the passenger side power flex bush looks like the inner plastic bush has gone through further then the drivers side !!! It pulls left under braking too . Wonder if the bush is causing this ?

But my main prob is the car feels very vague above 75 .. Seems to follow any imperfections in the road .. It's kinda like a floating feeling .. I'm at a loss what it could be !!?? . Also I'm getting a knocking from front over bumps .. Everything is new . Maybe I will look at the arb bush on passenger side as that's where the knock seems to be coming from ..

Sorry to go on and hopefully someone can advise me on my floating feeling ..

I'm currently on standard shocks/springs and it's like a go cart, I throw it hard into some corners and come out fine, so far.

Ordered some 40mm lowering springs and shocks, then getting a RARB next pay day!

Steering is light, not too keen on that but there you go.