Ex rental car?

Wizzmed

Intresting subject, was talking to my local dealer yesterday after looking at the new Fabia and we were talking about ex skoda HQ cars.

He told me keep away from reg numbers starting with  " F "  Daily rental cars, " G " are long term rental ( lease cars ), " K " are  Ex Managers cars, " M " cars that have been at Milton Keynes HQ, " O " Press cars or test cars ( Car Mags etc or for Clarkson to thrash round a circuit )

Think I've got them the right way round. He had a list on the PC with  cars available on there system for sale within the whole group 

Mine was KJ, a Skoda ex-management car...

ScoutAdvert.jpg

Looks like my dealer is tellimg the truth then

• Like 1

Intresting subject, was talking to my local dealer yesterday after looking at the new Fabia and we were talking about ex skoda HQ cars.

He told me keep away from reg numbers starting with  " F "  Daily rental cars, " G " are long term rental ( lease cars ), " K " are  Ex Managers cars, " M " cars that have been at Milton Keynes HQ, " O " Press cars or test cars ( Car Mags etc or for Clarkson to thrash round a circuit )

Think I've got them the right way round. He had a list on the PC with  cars available on there system for sale within the whole group 

My car has Skoda UK as the first user, is on a KU plate & had 5k miles at 9 months when purchased.

I was informed that it was an ex-management car by the supplying dealer, & judging by the users home address, (left in the sat-nav memory along

with some interesting destinations) it was probably true.

As for OU &  OY suffix plates, they are very common on VAG press / road test cars, & probably best avoided by any potential buyers.

DC

As for OU & OY suffix plates, they are very common on VAG press / road test cars, & probably best avoided by any potential buyers.

There is a Skoda dealer in Oxford: I don't think they have much choice with the prefix of their first registrations. Prefixes range from OA to OY, but more commonly toward the upper end of that range because of their location within the Oxford area.

So I don't think they are best avoided: you just need to do some due diligence when buying and ask who the previous owners were, like with any car.

My old Superb MK2 was OY, ex Skoda HQ car, run for 2 years and 44K miles without a single hitch.

My old Octavia MK2 was AE and was an ex. Alamo rental car, purchased on 13K miles and run to 99K which needed nothing except one sensor replacing in 4 years of ownership.

Cars previous owner history does not bother me at all, you run exactly the same risk of poor treatment of any secondhand car. The only way to avoid it would be buy brand new.

• Like 1