WSB -

lol-lol

WSB first race in Oz - well done the Brits !

1. Race - 1
  2. 1. J Rea
  3. 2. L Haslam
  4. 3. C Davies

1. Race - 2
  2. 1. L Haslam
  3. 2. J Rea
  4. 3. C Davies

0.01 seconds between 1st and 2nd in race.

F1. Duller than this form of racing IMO and you can buy one of these for about £10K plus a few extras!

Edited by lol-lol

Well done to the British lads but what has happened to Tom Sykes? He is not competing.

I agree with your F1 comment and here's one for you - both Moto GP and WSBK are boring compared to BSB. I can't wait for that to start in a little over a month.

Well done to the British lads but what has happened to Tom Sykes? He is not competing.

I agree with your F1 comment and here's one for you - both Moto GP and WSBK are boring compared to BSB. I can't wait for that to start in a little over a month.

I think the red Flags in Qualifying really screwed him up.

The Kawasaki is clearly up there with JR's pace now the Aprilia has been slowed down a bit with the rule changes.

He got baulked at least one major occasion so I think he will be good for the rest of the season.

He is such a brilliant qualifier that the problems at Philip Island's qualifying really messed him up. 

Going to be a very even season.  Shame Alex Lowes did so poorly in the races after being so good in practice.

Main problem with BSB is some of the tracks are a bit pokey or just plain odd like Rockingham.  Shakey is a legend.

Think it is just eurosport sadly.

Must be some pirate station relaying it I guess

part of the sky sports package.

Sad really but this is the way of the world these days.

SBK is hot or cold isn't it - some years only 1 or 2 bikes are competitive and others you have 7 different bikes howling around Assen inches apart for the whole race :) - the first year Aprilia ran the V4 all the japs and ducati were competitive it was amazing

Yes better than F1 in a good year - but lately no-one has seen which way the Kwacker went - I was really surprised Aprilia got it together so well at the end of last year to snatch the title.

It does look good this year though(competitive I mean), and indeed if you dont have Eurosport on TV, try KODI or XBMC (with Navi-X add-on) to find live streams from Tonga or wherever.

Edited by camelspyyder

Just watched the highlights, what a pair of races, real "hairs on your chest" stuff that.

Finally some entertaining racing that changes the lead characters over the whole race due to pure talent rather than pit antics.

More please :D

• 3 weeks later...

Next round at Thailand look slike it will be good.....

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2015/Rea+Takes+TissotSuperpole+in+Thailand

As the chequered flag was waved signalling the end of qualifying it was joint championship leaders Rea and Haslam that came out on top, the pair separated by 0.011s. The Kawasaki rider notching up his 2nd consecutive Pole Position after taking top spot in Australia.   Alongside the front two Alex Lowes (Voltcom Crescent Suzuki) completes the front row with Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team), Jordi Torres (Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils) and Chaz Davies (Aruba Ducati SBK) making up row 2 ahead of Bayliss, van der Mark, and Sylvain Guintoli (Pata Honda WSBK Team).  Today’s grid sees the top 7 covered by less than one second with 5 manufacturers represented in the top 8 places on the grid.

Pleased to see Suzuki up there and so many Brits, wow.

Next round highlights  07.30am  28/3/2015 channel 4

will remember not to blurt out the result tomorrow morning from Eurosport

• 2 weeks later...
kentphil1, on 29 Mar 2015 - 23:57, said:kentphil1, on 29 Mar 2015 - 23:57, said:

Wow, Thailand race, Lowes wasn't taking any prisoners, not sure that approach will make him too many friends if he does it all season though.

Well done the Brits.

Not as good as Philip Island.  No-one could hold the leader on pace in either race. Now Jonathon Rea is on a quick bike the others are in big trouble.  All those years on a slightly slow Honda are now put into perspective.

Unbelievably popular home win for Willarot on the World Supersports as well.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from SBK round 2 in Thailand, all 3 series are producing fantastic racing this year. 

Only Moto2 was a bit dull after the fastest 2 guys:

a - fell off and

b - broke a gearbox

Tom Sykes on pole at Assen with 4 other Brits in the top 6.

Cant wait for these 2 races.

The 2010 WSB here were possibly the 2 most exciting races I have ever seen.

The top 5 were all on different make bikes in race 1, the top 6 in race 2 and both events were manic.

If you've never seen them search on Youtube now.

Just seen the first of the WSB races and I won't give the result and spoil it for anyone who has not seen it as yet.  I watched the qualifying for the Moto GP, 2 and 3 yesterday and this morning caught up with the Superpole for WSB (I preferred it when it was a Superpole ie one flying lap).  There is just so much to watch and as the Moto 2 and 3 races are really good and we have an excellent chance of Brits winning both of those I shall be glued to the box from 4.30 this afternoon until 9 tonight so I expect I shall have square eyes by bed time!

I shall have to catch up with WSB and BSB tomorrow or in the wek sometime and just hope I don't hear the result anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched the Imola race, Johnny Rea is looking unstoppable and so quick now, Tom Sykes looks quite average in his wake, yet he is destroying the rest of the field.

I have to say on a "bang for buck" basis, WSB is very entertaining.........................and so good to see all the Brits doing well, although I felt sorry for Davies and Haslam in the second race.

• 2 months later...

Well done Jonathan Rea, super star !

Move to MotoGP perhaps?

Also well done Chaz Davies.

Sorry for Tom Sykes, he is still burning his tyres to early, greatest of qualifying rider but race strategy still needs work to optimise race performance clearly.

And big shout for Max Biaggi, born during the Roman empire and still going, actually still only 44 but great to get a podium and show the young pretenders !

Not bad running around Sepang in 2'03.7 on modified road bikes compared to MotoGP just under 2 mins !