ChrisRs's MX-5 Thread

ChrisRs

Nice pictures Chris and sounds like you had a good day. Are the squinty headlights better in the flesh than the pictures as they are the one part of the design I just can't get my head round.

Looks good in both that red and the grey.  B)

Think they've done really well with the design.

Did they just have the 2.0 available Chris? Would be interesting to see how the 1.5 compared, driven back-to-back.

• 1 month later...

Just back from a great day out with John

Met in Skipton and the drive followed the following route:

Grassington

Ripon

Masham (Coffee stop)

Askrigg

Aysgarth

Muker

Butter Tubs Pass

Hawes (Lunch)

Buckden (Pint at the Buck Inn)

Kettlewell

Grassington

Skipton

A great drive .....We both had a great day..Thanks John

Some pictures:

Butter Tubs Pass

2015-09-25%2013.01.19_zpsvdztdyh3.jpg

2015-09-25%2013.01.33_zpsp7rwvf44.jpg

2015-09-25%2013.02.08_zpsvd7lmofa.jpg

2015-09-25%2013.02.51_zpsmbyozcm0.jpg

2015-09-25%2013.02.25_zpswpzremag.jpg

2015-09-25%2013.04.37_zpslqmyzdas.jpg

Watershed between Wensleydale and Wharfedale

2015-09-25%2014.33.10_zpszwoykraf.jpg

2015-09-25%2014.33.28_zpsomskcnsq.jpg

Stopped at Yockenthwaite near Buckden and found this fella with his Eunos having a picnic

2015-09-25%2014.46.04_zps3njnhdjc.jpg

Final stop at The Buck Inn (Buckden) for a pint

2015-09-25%2014.59.11_zpsjqupzmbs.jpg

2015-09-25%2014.59.18_zpsjdqkooqe.jpg

2015-09-25%2015.00.18_zps9sflk0dx.jpg

• Like 3

Masham?  Isn't that where they have a brewery?  If so wasn't that the place to have a pint?

Hawes is one of our fave stays up that way.  Stayed several times where that muppet Clarkson blew it.

You may be pleased to know Chris that now we have the Golf I can drive around with the roof down quite happily.  In fact even Charlie loves it in the back.  Called in yesterday at a place to look at some sheds for the motorbike with the roof down and Charlie sat in the back.  Bloke came out the office more to see Charlie in the car than help us.

Great run out and the cars look great.  Life is good without worrying about emissions me thinks!

Masham?  Isn't that where they have a brewery?  If so wasn't that the place to have a pint?

Not at 10.45 am it wasn't Chris..LOL

Hawes is one of our fave stays up that way.  Stayed several times where that muppet Clarkson blew it.

You may be pleased to know Chris that now we have the Golf I can drive around with the roof down quite happily.  In fact even Charlie loves it in the back.  Called in yesterday at a place to look at some sheds for the motorbike with the roof down and Charlie sat in the back.  Bloke came out the office more to see Charlie in the car than help us.

Great run out and the cars look great.  Life is good without worrying about emissions me thinks!

Emissions? Doesn't bother me at all..We will always have a diesel car as well as the 5

Having to go to Germany next week and driving (Family crisis)...I wouldn't be driving that far in a petrol car when I can get 50mpg in the DS4

• Like 1

Cheers Chris. I did wonder whether there was a reason to goto Askrigg first, and then double-back :)

Also have friends with a holiday place in Muker, so will hopefully be sampling at least a bit of this route sometime soon :thumbup:

• Like 1

Got the 16" Alloys out today...Stripped off the old wheel weights, removed all the glue
Detared and Deironed, polished and degreased again ready for the Winter tyres being fitted

Then Carbon Collective Ceramic sealant when the Tyres are fitted and balanced before I fit them at the end of the Month

I will have some Yokohama tyres for sale soon...5mm on two..6mm on the other two (205/50/16)

How did you strip off the old weights and then clean the rims Chris? Mine will need new boots in a few k and I don't want the wheel monkeys scratching my black rims getting them off if I can help it.

Cheers

Ade