'chipping' without touching ECU!!

Huck

well, technology is a wonderful thing!! :D

from the guys behind APR europe comes revotechnik.

http://www.revotechnik.com/

'chips' your car via the serial port without touching the ECU and done within 10 minutes! there's a small amount of info on their website and i believe they'll be fully up and running pretty soon. it seems a very good option indeed for anyone considering the APR switchable chip - i think it would be worth waiting for this, looks amazing.

totally gets rid of the old worry of , 'what if they open up my ecu?' i should think.

nice link HUCK ,have just visited site . i will be keeping an eye on developments as it sounds a good alternative to changing ecu. it seem like its in its early stages so will wait &see .

regds ect

I'm biased, personal opion etc, but I like the "tailor made" approach to remaps.....

The idea of a 10min "plug in, click *upload* and off you go" scares me. I don't doubt APR's..sorry, Revotechnic's knowledge but it sounds like an operation anyone could do if they get hold of the maps from somewhere and the kit.

(Just cos I can install windows, does not mean I know the code line by line)

• 3 weeks later...

I personally like the sound of this.. I guess it will be a reasonably conservative remap as it's off the shelf, but the fact the the car is not physically altered in any way appeals, and the security feature of locking out the engine management is a good idea too!

I personally like the sound of this.. I guess it will be a reasonably conservative remap as it's off the shelf, but the fact the the car is not physically altered in any way appeals, and the security feature of locking out the engine management is a good idea too![/quote:b84150268d]

I don't know if you realize Lem but on page 58 of Auto Express there is a small article on that very upgrade.

And did you also know there is a southern meet down your way on the 9th feb. Come along, you'll be more than welcome. 8)

A few guys on UKMkIV's are having this done so I'll be interested to see how they get on.

You do get a 2hr free trial, if you don't like it it will revert to standard after the 2 hrs is up and you pay nothing - very clever :lol:

I caught up with Mark of Revo @ Autosport & we had a chat about their products

very very interesting & more clever than you would ever imagine.

the website isn't a good 'symbol' of their progress - just flash sites suck the big one for instant updates.

I don't doubt APR's..sorry, Revotechnic's knowledge[/quote:27edcfc589]

I have been keeping an eye on this forum and thought it might be beneficial to interject a bit of info.

Revo is not a "rebadged APR" (at least not legally). In fact, APR is still quite active in the European Market and we plan to maintain our distribution network. Revo is not affiliated with APR at all. They are an independent company unrelated to APR and our products.

If you have any questions about APR or its products please contact us at [email protected] or contact AwesomeGTI. I hope this clears up any confusion. Thanks.