Option code item not fitted to car

stewart45

Recently purchased Yeti 2.0 120 4x4,  according to the option code inside the service manual 8X1 = Headlight washer system, I'm assuming this should be fitted on the car but it isn't, should I get on to the dealer, should everything on the code sheet be fitted to the vehicle

Welcome to Briskoda and to Freedom membership too. I like your weather website. :)

The washers are hidden behind pop-out rectangular covers on the bumper just below the headlights. Are you sure that these are not fitted, and have you tried operating the windscreen wipers and washers with the headlights turned on?

Recently purchased Yeti 2.0 120 4x4,  according to the option code inside the service manual 8X1 = Headlight washer system, I'm assuming this should be fitted on the car but it isn't, should I get on to the dealer, should everything on the code sheet be fitted to the vehicle

Welcome.

I have asked the Mods to move this into the general Yeti section as I think this is the wrong place for it, as it is not a Technical Guide, but a general question.

Exactly which model do you have?

Are there square plastic bits below your headlights?

This shows where the washers pop out from below the headlight I believe 1st and 6th time windscreen is washed if headlights are on.

4034640878_d55d2d9654.jpg

Thanks, they are there, thought the little plastic plates were blanking covers for where the washers should go.

sorry for posting in wrong area, realised later but couldnt see how to move it

This shows where the washers pop out from below the headlight I believe 1st and 6th time windscreen is washed if headlights are on.

4034640878_d55d2d9654.jpg

Mine go on the 10th squirt.

Colin

You'll praise them as you will have a clean windscreen and clean headlights.

And it isn't very difficult to refill the washer tank.

Larger washer tank for us with headlight washers eh Graham :thumbup:

Mixe

You've also got a warning icon on the dash when level starts to get low.

Mixed blessing that, would be better if like the rear seats down the warning light comes on for about 20 seconds every time the car is started.

• Like 1

You'll curse them in the winter as they drain your reservoir.

You'll praise them as you will have a clean windscreen and clean headlights.

And it isn't very difficult to refill the washer tank.

And you'll curse them again if you go out on a very very cold night (like I did once in the Scottish highlands in the midst of winter) when you need to clean the windscreen but the headlamp washers also fire and the washer fluid freezes on contact with the headlamp glass and completely blocks out the light - forcing you to get out of the car and go and wipe the frozen sludge from the headlamps.

And you'll curse them again if you go out on a very very cold night (like I did once in the Scottish highlands in the midst of winter) when you need to clean the windscreen but the headlamp washers also fire and the washer fluid freezes on contact with the headlamp glass and completely blocks out the light - forcing you to get out of the car and go and wipe the frozen sludge from the headlamps.

Doesn't that sound rather like you were being too stingy with the concentrate? I think you can go down to something like a 1:1 mix for very cold conditions.

• Like 2

Not a problem when you use the proper screen washer fluid at the proper winter concentration!

• Like 1

I have got into the habit of putting the lights on 'sidelights' whilst I wash the screen on days when it is mostly dry but a bit dusky. I really don't need the headlights getting blasted the first time I use the screenwash after every restart of the engine. It really drinks the washer fluid.

• Like 1

Doesn't that sound rather like you were being too stingy with the concentrate? I think you can go down to something like a 1:1 mix for very cold conditions.

Not a problem when you use the proper screen washer fluid at the proper winter concentration!

Well it was the fluid fitted by the factory so I would very much hope it had been the correct strength!

It was a lovely blue sludge I had to remove - looked like a raspberry slush puppy.

Remember that I have xenon lights which means the lenses don't warm up as they do with a candescent bulb - so correct strength or not, even de-icer freezes on a cold windscreen remember.

Yes but you are not using it in the same conditions as mine.

Mine isn't freezing as it's concentrated - it squirts onto the headlamps & windscreen as fluid. On the windscreen (warmed from the interior) it just runs away completely fine.

However, on the headlamps (cold glass with nothing heating it) the fluid freezes.

As I say - you probably haven't had it happen because you have nice warm halogen bulbs and a nice warm glass as a result.

BTW it was showing -16 on the maxidot when this occurred - driving across Glencoe.

There's a massive variation in screenwash...

I always use Comma XStream, can protect down to -65ºC if used neat.

Buy it in 5L bottles, and dilute according to the time of year.

Some stuff barely protects below freezing even when neat.

Thanks, they are there, thought the little plastic plates were blanking covers for where the washers should go.

They are hidden behind the covers and are forced out of the bumper by the high pressure water...

5237094843_3d6b2ba65f_z.jpg

A clearer side shot, an Octavia, not a Yeti but the principle is the same...

05a.jpg

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 2

Well it was the fluid fitted by the factory so I would very much hope it had been the correct strength!

It was a lovely blue sludge I had to remove - looked like a raspberry slush puppy.

Remember that I have xenon lights which means the lenses don't warm up as they do with a candescent bulb - so correct strength or not, even de-icer freezes on a cold windscreen remember.

Are raspberries blue in Winchester to reflect local political affiliations?

• Like 1

Raspberries are very much red in Winchester - if they were politically motivated they would more likely be yellow! However the food colour experts at slush puppie have always believed them to be blue!

There's a massive variation in screenwash...

I always use Comma XStream, can protect down to -65ºC if used neat.

Buy it in 5L bottles, and dilute according to the time of year.

I'm lucky to be able to pick up localy the VAG screenwash that protects down to -70ºC for £3:87 a litre.

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Skoda_Screen_Wash_1L_G052164M2