Blade Skoda (Bristol South) - Flax Bourton.

DGW

Blade Skoda (Bristol South)

Long Ashton Road

Flax Bourton

Bristol

North Somerset

BS48 3QR

01275 463666

New Car Sales

Authorised Repairer

Business Sales Centre

Authorised Repairer

Originally posted by el richy - Thu Dec 16, 2004

poor customer service and the obvous that they dont know anything about the vrs! they couldnt even give me the bhp!! didnt know when one is coming in for me to test drive and they have no idea about fitting retro options! very poor. i woulnt let them touch my car

Originally posted by Tigger_1979 - Fri May 27, 2005

a bit pricey luckily I was in for a warranty claim

taking passenger seat out

they even cleaned my seats up to a spotless conditions I was happy with them

• 4 weeks later...

Not impressed at all.

Booked the car in for a few warranty niggles: occasional acceleration hesitation, very loud rear seatbelt rattle, squeeky/groaning handbrake, front passenger door won't stay open on a slope.

Basically they didn't fix a thing.

For the acceleration they said no fault code came up, so there wasn't a fault. Ahem.

Seatbelt is rattling as loudly as ever.

Brakes the same as before.

Looks like they did the wrong door 'cos the driver's door seems to be a bit stiffer, whilst the faulty one is still the same!

To top it all off, my Magic Tree air freshener went missing, the car wasn't cleaned and my sunglasses were just left on the floor in the passenger footwell.

They just didn't seem interested. Certainly won't be using them again.

• 1 year later...

Had a cool Test drive on Friday of the New Octy Diesel VRS

felt slow to start until I got it to one of my Favourite roads near Ashton Court

and then I realised WOW this is a good car

Pulls nicely and corners good

not sure if its better than the fabia will need to get someone to compare against each other properly

Only thing I was unsure about the car was,

Changing gear and using the handbrake the CD/Pocket between the front seats seemed to keep getting in the way.

so fingers crossed I get this new job and looks like I could end up with a new car :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

I had a good service with Clist and Rattle on 2nd January I was surprised I was able to book this is with such short notice.

They spotted and dealt with all the niggles I had. They even spotted the bulb that had blown I blew it that morning.

but I doo have one bad Comment

They CLEANED my car :eek: as it was part of the service.

Did a good job of that mind looked like new again.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Have used them thus far for warranty work, after having purchased the car from our "friends"at Streets. Hated Streets, and had no intention of going back there.

Clist & Rattle sent me a letter saying they were taking over from Streets, and to contact them with any issues, so i did. Car went in twice to get warranty work sorted out, which they have done, no complaints.

Two niggles though, enough to make me go elsewhere for the service (here's hoping they read this!)

1) They charged me for the curtousy car, to quote "because I didn't buy my car from them" So am I a customer they have just recruited and wish to retain??, and possibly sell me a face lift VRS when its out next year.... Short sighted I'd say, clearly not thinking about the longer term, I paid, but thought, for the sake of £20 you are NOT now getting my servicing or new car purchase!

2) On the way back home from collecting the car, it over heated!!!!! managed to get it off the m'way. Called them to tell them, and ask what they had done, they didn't know, and suggested I call RAC out. So I did, all sorted by RAC, no coolant!!!! Still waiting for the call from C&R to see if I got home OK........

So C&R, if you are reading this, your short sightedness has cost you a new customer for both servicing and new car sale........I'm well in the market for a facelifted VRS in 2009.

Edited by DGW
Discussion of other dealer options and request for opinions are inappropriate in this particular forum.

• 3 months later...

I had my 90,000 mile service with them and then 2 days later (first heavy rain) the car emptied it's oil from the Sump plug Luckily it wasn't my 100k service in September a few days before I drive to Prague, because I wouldn't want to of lost my oil on the Autobahn.

Anyway still deciding on rating will depend on the outcome of this thread.

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/sump-bolt-given-up-vrs/141825/

The thread in the link above has been deleted, the service was really bad and after using them for many years I was put off so much that I will never use Clist and Rattle again.

Massive :thumbdown: to CnR, as looking at previous posts in this thread it looks like I was the only person giving positive comments about them.

Edited by Tigger_1979

• 2 months later...

I bought a 3 year old Fabia from them in 2006. Had to use them for the 2 year warranty services but I thought they were a bit expensive, and was v unhappy with the service I got. - Faults I pointed out repeatedly not fixed (but they said they had), courtesy car not booked when I got there once so I had to wait an hour for one to come back in, too many things to remember.

• 10 months later...

Have had my Oct estate serviced here and was ok

In January 2010 called in to purchase a new car.

The building is looking well worn and dirty now .....

Walked in found a sales person told him what I wanted and I have to say I thought that I was wasting my breath it was as much as he could do take make a few squiggles on a scrap of paper. It felt like I was keeping him awake.

Needless to say never got a call back with any information and I did not purchase the car from here.

I did write a letter of complaint about it and to this day have not had a reply.

Edited by drbig

• 4 months later...

Just picked up my new Octavia today.

Have to say the sales process (16 weeks+ ago - but that's not Clist & Rattles's fault) was very smooth, as was the handover today.

Absolutely nothing to whinge about.

(Car seems OK too!!)

• 11 months later...

I bought my car back in April 2010, the sales was flawless, Andy was very helpful in dealing with my order. The sales went very smoothly and Andy knows his tuff. Test drive went very smoothly, the benefits of buying from a village dealership is that it feels much more personal and the service was attentive.

I took the car back several times to have warranty work done, they were helpful with fitting my private plate and the mechanics were knowledgeable with all the work that needed doing. I was also given a courtesy car everytime I visited.

I would recommend Clist and Rattle to anyone near the area!

• 8 months later...

Note: Dealership now referred to by Skoda UK, and Blade Skoda's own website, as "Blade Skoda (Bristol South)".

Dave

Edited by DaveHarries

• 3 months later...

Clist and Rattle used to be a MG Rover main dealer and briefly took on the new MG Franchise when the Chinese relaunched it. They had MG, Proton, Daihatsu and Skoda at their main branch and Renault at a separate site, which they shut in 2011 (as Reggie sales plummeted, no doubt.)

Telling that the most valuable part of the business is now the Skoda franchise which Blade are keeping as they dump everything else. Redeveloped as a Skoda solus site it should be quite impressive - unless Blade relocate to somewhere bigger than Flax Bourton!

More about C&Ris history can still be read here: http://www.clistandrattle.co.uk/ourheritage.html

• 1 year later...

I will never be taking my car to this place again for any type of work.

Our cars are generally the next most expensive thing we own to our homes and my car is no exception.

After a fairly minor looking but expensive accident I took my car here to be repaired thinking that taking it to a main skoda dealer was the best course of action. How wrong I could have been.

Car took 2 weeks of hanging about before work commenced and although a courtesy car was offered it took 4 weeks to appear and was wanted back after a week. I picked the car up on saturday morning as was told it was ready and couldnt believe what I saw.

Ok bodywork repair was fine but there were 9 faults with the car including scratches to all the parts removed for the repair. Car was filthy covered in white dust over the whole of the interior and there was welding spark damage to the door mirror. The spare wheel polystyrene surround had been pulled out without unscrewing it so it was broken and the fillercap strap fixing had been broken off and a screw placed elsewhere in the cap to attach the strap to so it wouldnt stretch to rest on the door flap. The drivers side back door needs to be slammed to shut now. My car went into them in near perfect condition and came out like this.

UNBELIEVABLE Its now 18 weeks since the accident and I am still waiting for my car repair to be finished

Complained about it and it was fixed all barr the fuel flap but not impressed at the person fixing it as he brought it round after and just dumped it with keys in in the middle of the garage entrance. If a car had come in quickly it could have run into it.

15 weeks later I was still waiting for the filler cap repair which I was told was on back order then was told it would be in after the weekend. 10 days later nothing so rang Skoda customer services and they are now dealing with it but promised me that the garage would contact me by the end of the week-that was 10 days ago and I've had to call them again. Its disgusting.

Also had problems with fitting the towbar -took it to same garage then and it took a week to fit it then they handed the car back and didnt give me the 13-7 pin adaptor. Had to go back and ask for it.

I will NEVER use this garage again but what worries me is that the company that own this garage own most of the dealerships in the area. My parner uses Turners at Earlestoke and cant fault them so it would seem a 1 1/2 hour journey each way for servicing/repairs may well be worth it.

Edited by Gillian

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...