After market radio

you can order direct from Audiosources, or a company called iceboxaudio.. failing that if you google ANS/DNS810 it will take you to VW watercooled forum and PM a guy called Sandy who is the moderator of that thread, he will be able to ship a unit to you...

I believe there is a function to allow this to work with steering wheel controls and Maxidot, google some videos and have a look as im sure ive seen it.

Do any of you know anything about the Android one? 

Also, what does a AS620 cost? Didn't find a price :/

Sorry Jimmy - I meant to say I am buying the Audiosouces unit from iceboxauto in the UK, not from the OEM in China - delivery next week.  £260 + delivery.  See link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281643662226?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They also have a current auction for an 810:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DVD-GPS-NAVI-BT-Player-VW-GOLF-SCIROCCO-PASSAT-TIGUAN-TOURAN-EOS-POLO-ANS810-/261825639385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf60633d9

iceboxauto also sell in Euros and happily ship around the world if you go to their ebay shop.

They sell the Android models from Audiosources but I haven't seen any reviews so can't comment further.

Thx!

Haven't found anything about the Android one either, only thing making me confused is that on the website is says that it fits octavia 2007-2014 and on Alibaba it says 2014-. Don't know what I should believe :P

Thx!

Haven't found anything about the Android one either, only thing making me confused is that on the website is says that it fits octavia 2007-2014 and on Alibaba it says 2014-. Don't know what I should believe :p

which model are you looking at and what year car do you have?

Nope, they don't integrate with maxidot at all. At least on my car. Also, do not attempt to access the functions via maxidot - it will lock you in and the only way out is to pull a fuse! Again, probably only particular to my pre-fl model, but who knows?

It will also throw up a radio/canbus error code after installation if you perform a VCDS scan, which might do your head in if you're a bit ocd. Apparently not unheard of with fitting non-OEM units, but doesn't affect operation in any way, so don't be alarmed.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2006 Octavia VRS and looking at purchasing the AS620. From looking at photos my car has the same middle console as shown so just wanted to find out if it would be fine to put in and if so would I need to get a CAN as well?

Thanks

Matt