I'm doing a bit of writing for an NZ car website

RobClubley

More detail, I'm intrigued......

I test drove an SZ5 Diesel, but only the 2WD version. There was a lot to like about it and a few drawbacks. The engine is good, being a more powerful version of the one I had in my Bravo. It pulls well and has nice low emissions, and on the test drive it was showing 60mpg which is great for a brand new car as it was at the time.

The interior was spacious enough and the double opening sunroof let a huge amount of light and air in but some of the plastics are cheaper than you would find in a CX5 or QQ. That said, it's quite a bit cheaper spec for spec than either of them so you would expect to see corners being cut somewhere. I didn't buy one because the factory fit stereo (with nav, DAB and reversing camera) just sounded poor and there was no upgrade available.

The same drive train is being used in the new Vitara which is the nicer looking car (IMO, obviously) though a bit smaller I believe which may or may not be an issue for you.

I test drove an SZ5 Diesel, but only the 2WD version. There was a lot to like about it and a few drawbacks. The engine is good, being a more powerful version of the one I had in my Bravo. It pulls well and has nice low emissions, and on the test drive it was showing 60mpg which is great for a brand new car as it was at the time.

The interior was spacious enough and the double opening sunroof let a huge amount of light and air in but some of the plastics are cheaper than you would find in a CX5 or QQ. That said, it's quite a bit cheaper spec for spec than either of them so you would expect to see corners being cut somewhere. I didn't buy one because the factory fit stereo (with nav, DAB and reversing camera) just sounded poor and there was no upgrade available.

Are you referring to the S-Cross?

Edited by Lady Elanore

Yep

I looked at the Cross last year, but couldn't really justify it, but now the Vitara has appeared and is about £2K cheaper it is looking a good possibility. I'm not too worried about the poor audio as the radio on my Grand Vitara is pants. Also the spec of the Vitara is now better than the spec on the Cross as well as being theoretically more economical . In fact the economy figures look crazy for a 4x4, I imagine that I would be able to get around 50mpg in the real world.

The only possible downside is the boot is small and it doesn't have a spare wheel (although I am told you can buy one for it). Good looking car from the front and side

Whoa there...

"automatic....why would you in a car like this". Don't alienate your audience. Once I'd read that, I skim read the rest. Some of us don't have a choice and I was glad to find out it could be had in auto as well as a pudding stirrer but, as I say, once you'd commented like that, it put me off reading the rest of it.

• Like 1

Whoa there...

"automatic....why would you in a car like this". Don't alienate your audience. Once I'd read that, I skim read the rest. Some of us don't have a choice and I was glad to find out it could be had in auto as well as a pudding stirrer but, as I say, once you'd commented like that, it put me off reading the rest of it.

You have a very good point there and to be honest I wasn't 100% sure on that line when I re-read the article. It comes off as judgmental of auto drivers. I have edited it. Thanks.

You have a very good point there and to be honest I wasn't 100% sure on that line when I re-read the article. It comes off as judgmental of auto drivers. I have edited it. Thanks.

Nooooo don't edit it. It's your view. That's why they will want you, because you express an opinion. After all Clonkson made his career based on this. I'm a big fan of people who express their opinions in print, even if I don't like them, it shows character in this anodyne world.

After all if I just wanted the facts I get the brochure. I want an impression and coming from an enthusiast such as yourself, that carries more weight with me :)

Edited by Lady Elanore

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As mentioned - Odyssey review.

I took and processed the photos myself this time - with some guidance from the site owner who has a certain look he's going for :)

http://drivelife.co.nz/2015/06/2015-honda-odyssey-l-road-tested-review-the-ideal-family-car/

HondaOdyssey2015-92381-1170x480.jpg?a65f

I have another five cars booked over the next 2-3 months, mainly Toyotas.

Edited by RobClubley
  • Like 2

As mentioned - Odyssey review.

I took and processed the photos myself this time - with some guidance from the site owner who has a certain look he's going for :)

http://autoclique.co.nz/2015/06/2015-honda-odyssey-l-road-tested-review-the-ideal-family-car/

I have another five cars booked over the next 2-3 months, mainly Toyotas.

You're on telly now :) Glad to see you have not lost your accent. keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you on BBC 2 in the new year ;)

• Like 1

So far it's mostly bits and pieces to get some daily content on the site but I have done a couple of longer things.

Any comment or criticism is appreciated :D

Mini Cooper

http://autoclique.co.nz/2015/02/2014-mini-cooper-5-door-road-tested-a-mini-for-the-whole-family-2/

Leadfoot Festival

http://autoclique.co.nz/2015/03/the-2015-leadfoot-festival/

Toyota 86 GT review coming soon :D

Go on apply for new top gear ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a VW Passat at the moment. It's clearly no Skoda despite the same 170 bhp, as it has this stuff called sound proofing. Lots of it, mainly under't bonnit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...