Dean of Dumfries - Dumfries

DGW

• 1 year later...

What can I say - OUT OF THIS WORLD SERVICE!!!!!

About 4 years ago, I bought my first car, a Felicia GLi (Jimbo) from David the sales manager. He'd never met me before, but I was welcomed like an old friend.

A year later, I traded Jimbo in, for a funky little silver Fabia 1.4. I hadn't been back there in almost a year, and true to form, David bounces out across the garage "Hello Miss Eccles" - hows that for valuing customers!

January this year, Callum (Fabia) started playing up a bit (poss head gasket trouble starting), so I thought right, I'm gonna get my first new car. Cue Richard and David sorting me out with a great deal on a new yellow Fabia Sport (Buzz).

Every time I went in, I felt I actually mattered to them, and every time I go back now, the same friendly atmosphere is there. Even when I had my previous 2 skodas in for service, the service team were equally as helpful.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I cant praise this garage enough, I bought my superb here, a great deal, furthermore my dad, after my recommendation went and bought an octavia, also a great deal.

I've dealt with John Armitage and found his manner and salesmanship to be second to none.

The service department has always done me right also.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

now that I am commuting regularly to Dumfies I will probably give Dean a try.

Clocking up the miles frighteningly quickly with a daily thrash down the A701 (60 mls each way).

Do these guys own the Toymotor garage next door as well?

• 1 month later...

Octy in Dean's today to have wheel bearing changed under warranty - excellent service.

Bearing was on back order and not to be available for another 3 weeks (Skoda UK to blame here). When I told them the mileage I did and that I used the car for my work they managed to source the part in a couple of days. Took me to work, came back for me, car washed, all very pleasant - highly recommended.

• 1 year later...

E mailed them Tuesday 2nd of June with a sales enquiry for Octavia Scout.

Still not heard anything from them despite leaving 2 phone no's and e mail address.

Communication Poor.

This is in complete contrast to the excellent communication from Stuart at Ingram,Ayr and David Scott, Progress Skoda Letchworth

Edited by loskie

• 8 months later...

[

Called them last week(Feb2010) to arrange a test drive in an Octavia Scout. This is still a car I'd like if I could get comfy so thought I would give it another go.

Experience was quite a positive one. Staff were polite(John Armitage and Richard) and happy to talk . Gave us the keys to the Sales Manager's Scout and let us go off in it for a couple of hours. So a totally relaxed unpressured test drive which always helps.

Did not really talk figures as I still find the drivers seat uncomfortable which is disappointing. Did about 55 miles on roads close to home so that was good.

Generally a more positive experience. They have a new Anthracite Octavia Scout in the showroom that I had my eye on but I guess I'll just have to let it go. Not sure how good a deal I would have got, trade in price for my car was a bit low and they were a bit dismissive of internet prices.

Edited by loskie

• 2 months later...

I certainly agree with some of the above comments , we purchased our first new Fabia Sport 1.9 Tdi from Deans and personally dealt with John Armitage who we found to be exceptionally helpful and proficient and I would have no hesitation in recommending Deans of Dumfries

• 4 weeks later...

An update from my post from a few years ago above:

John and Richard the sales lads are superb - friendly and helpful! Would defo still buy vehicles there without question!

I've had 3 cars from here (4th Fabia came from Border Cars Dumfries as their wonderful ex sales manager David Kirkwood moved there, and also cos it was an SE I wanted and they had one!).

Had no problems purchasing, and the servicing / aftersales was second to none on first 2 cars (Felicia GLi and Fabia Comfort)......then it all went a wee bit wrong on car 3, and horrendously on car 4!

3rd car (Mk1 Fabia Sport) had door seals re-done - one had to be re-done 3 times before it stopped leaking. I then had a warranty claim in for the spoiler fading (from bright yellow to dull)... 6 weeks of coming and going and excuses from the warranty guy. I had to go higher up to get an answer as to what was happening, then they put the wrong spoiler on it (vRS not Sport), without mentioning it to me... wouldn't have actually minded if they had told me, but nevermind...

4th car (present vehicle) Fabia vRS SE - took it in for a new aerial wiring under warranty - they damaged the dash getting radio out, then left radio sticking a good bit out on one side. They also ordered wrong coloured repeater indicator - or rather they said it had been ordered, then when I went to get it fitted (I live 35 miles away) they said 'oh oops this is the only one in stock'. I complained twice about high idling issues - first time I was told it didn't have a problem and if it came back it needed an EGR valve. Next time it was mentioned to them (3 weeks ago) the person on the service desk told me to get it booked in for the valve to be replaced, and when it went in, all they did was CLEAN the valve. The car has now gone out of warranty (last week) still with the fault, but I have 6 months left on extended warranty with Border Cars, so it is going there to be repaired, as I cannot face going back there. I had no apology for any of the above on the vRS and it left me very upset.

To sum up - Sales: - spot on, first class service Richard and John are a credit to the dealership, Service: - as it stands presently, I wouldn't trust them to work on my wheelbarrow, which is a shame as it used to be a good garage all round!

Edited by H Bomb

• 2 weeks later...

The nasty warranty guy is now at telfords! unfortunately for me i have had the pleasure of dealing with him!

Edited by DGW
Unapproved. Not relevant.

• 8 months later...

Just purchased an Octavia vrs was the cheapest in the uk with the current spec, John Armitage done us a great deal sorted a few things on the car i wasnt overly happy with nothing major just me being picky, would gladly buy from them again he's a Gentleman. :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Buying my second Skoda from this garage went really well and I got a great deal on the Fabia 1.2TSI. My parents were on their second Octavia from here. The first developed engine problems and finally had a new engine under warranty, so they traded in for a facelift Octy, taking advantage of the VAT free offers. Unfortunately, this one developed an issue with intermittently binding rear brakes, and after getting nowhere with solving it for over a year, it has now been resolved by the dealership by offering a very favourable deal to change the car. So, in 10 weeks time they will take delivery of a new Octy 1.4TSI.

Well done to them for being able to solve this issue without it getting messy :thumbup: