are dealers taking the pi$$ with vrs prices

i've been looking for a mkii vrs dsg hatch for a while now,

came across this http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604925252

£16k for a car that's nearly 3 year old, are they taking the pi$$ ?

if i remember right the blackline was £20k new, and most cars halve in value after 3 years .

surely there miles off on there pricing ?

you can get a nearly new mkiii for not much more.

I just went to the dealers last week, for my 2011 Vrs Tsi he gave me the printout that he would give me £9550 for it and put it on forecourt at between £11495 and £10995.

MK11 seem to be holding pretty well, that's 4 years old and still at 50% of about what I paid new.

i've been looking for a mkii vrs dsg hatch for a while now,

came across this http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=604925252

£16k for a car that's nearly 3 year old, are they taking the pi$$ ?

if i remember right the blackline was £20k new, and most cars halve in value after 3 years .

surely there miles off on there pricing ?

you can get a nearly new mkiii for not much more.

I bought a March 2012 Skoda Octavia 2.0CR DSG vRS in June 2013 (so it was then 15 months old with under 10K miles) for less than £16K.  Not leather interior.  In comparison the car you are looking at looks way, way overpriced.

If someone will pay it then its not overpriced. Basic supply and demand. Plus like Spaced99 said mk3 is a lot more expensive so holding up the mk 2 prices. Good for buyers that picked them up just before mk3 launch when the prices were a bit compressed.

• Like 1

I traded mine in for £4k which was 24% of the price I paid. Which I thought was pretty good after 7yr and when I wasn't buying a car that was new or very expensive.

Went on the forecourt for £5800 which was 34%.

I thought that seemed very expensive for a 7yr old car but it sold within 10 days.

A couple of years ago no one wanted the VRS as a trade in, last year they bit my hand off. I was getting offered £4700 3yr ago so depreciation was next to nothing for the last few years I had it.

I paid about £17k new for mine so a Mk2 at £16 3yr old does look very overpriced.

Edited by Aspman

I just went to the dealers last week, for my 2011 Vrs Tsi he gave me the printout that he would give me £9550 for it and put it on forecourt at between £11495 and £10995.

MK11 seem to be holding pretty well, that's 4 years old and still at 50% of about what I paid new.

Where was this mate? taken mine to a few places recently and the first garage told me £8500 at a push and the second one this weekend started at £8250 then the superior came over and said they would give me £6350 so take mine away and sell private!