Lowering mirror while reversing

Sometimes I lower the co-drivers mirror while reversing (with the knob at the door into position R) and then turn off the car while forgetting the bring the mirror back. The problem is when I turn the car next day mirror stay lowered even if I move knob at default position (0).

What is the procedure to bring the mirror back?

I have electric seats with memory if this makes any difference.

Not sure I follow... What you're doing is adjusting the mirror's position. I don't see how it will automatically readjust to where you had it - you'll have to adjust it back manually.

My old 7 series would automatically tilt downwards when you select reverse but that isn't the same as manually adjusting it.

Not sure I follow... What you're doing is adjusting the mirror's position. I don't see how it will automatically readjust to where you had it - you'll have to adjust it back manually.

My old 7 series would automatically tilt downwards when you select reverse but that isn't the same as manually adjusting it.

Skoda has the same function as your old 7 series, if you have the electric seats with memory.

In that case it should be doing it automatically? If you use the knob then all you're doing is adjusting - as you would for a shorter driver.

The knob has to be on the R for the function to be active.

But yes, the mirror should go back to normal position automatically.

I am looking at the manual now:

"The mirror returns to its initial position, after the rotary knob is moved out of position R, and put into another position, or the speed is more than 15km/h."

I could swore I had the mirror still tilted down, knob was in its initial position (0) and I was driving normally.

Its like if I turn the car off while still in reverse and my mirror is tilted down, when I turn the car on next day, it forgets to move it back up again even if I move the knob back to 0 position.

Edited by toni8b

I seem to recall that mine returns to the correct position when I turn the engine off but I will check when the wife brings it home.

You have to save the reverse position for your seat memory setting. Turn on the ignition, press your memory button, turn knob to R (or L in UK), engage reverse, set mirror position, disengage reverse.

Works every time for me, just have to turn to L (in UK) and it drops when I reverse.

The manual does mention you need to set the reverse position again each time new settings are set.

Edited by philwoodphoto

My passenger mirror dips in reverse and then when I drive forward it returns to it's pre lowered position. I don't have Eletric/Memory seats. All that is needed that the Mirror switch on the Drivers door is in " L ". If I don't want it to dip I put the swich in " O "

Activated with a VCDS.