Thoughts on tyres

Didnt realise this thread was still on the go, well i bought a pair of Goodyear efficient Grip.must say i am very impressed and well worth the price, they have transformed the drive of the car from the old Avons i had on.When the yokohama paradas wear out on the back i shall be buying the goodyears again :)

I have a set of bridgestones on mine. 16k on the clock and they are the original set of tyres with some wear still left on the fronts. Very grippy wet and dry too. Whether or not I will be able to afford bridgestone when the time comes remains to be seen ;)

I was looking at getting a pair of Uniroyal RS3 but I've heard they wear pretty quickly, Brother-in-Law has them on a stage 3 Focus St so might see how long they last on that! There is an offer on at Camskill at the minute where you get a free hotel stay if you buy a pair of Continental tyres, might be worth the extra £10/15 over something else.

They do David, I fitted two to the rears thus time last year, replaced the fronts a month later and have sinned swapped them front and back, the front now have 4-5mm and the rears are at 3mm. I have cover d maybe 10k in that time so now looking to change again away from the uniroyals which is a shame as I love the grip but hate the ware!!

Vredestien Sessanta's are great

Bridgestone S001's are getting used at the moment seem good

Michelin pilot super sports are cheap in an 18, if that's what size wheel you are using?

regarded as one of the very best tyres going

The prices on that site seem very reasonable - and it even suggests the correct tyre size (unlike BlackCircles for example). My Scout currently has (incorrect) 225/45R17s on it - Barum on the rear & an unrecognised brand on the front. Any recommendations for decent mid-range replacements? It doesn't go off-road much but does battle some shabby country lanes around here.

Thanks. At £87 delivered, I guess it'll be nearer £100 a corner for those...seem to get v good reviews though.

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre/goodyear-efficientgrip-performance

For the money they are about the best bang for buck or have a look at the Barum Bravura which is a fraction cheaper.  It's worthwhile pricing your local tyre place - sometimes you get a pleasant surprise with 4 for 3 offers etc.

Fitting / balancing / new valve & disposal should be around GBP10 per tyre I'd think.

• Like 1