April Yorkshire Group Meet - Saturday 25th April 2015 location TBD

16 members have voted

1. 1. Location for the april meet?

• The Old Post Office, S75 4DE
    • Whetherby Whaler, Guisely, LS20 8LZ
    • The Stockyard Truck Stop, Rotherham, S66 8HN
    • Billy Bobs Ice cream parlour, BD23 6EU

I've left the billy bobs trek open to discussion on the day cos the option was to go there from the whaler anyway :)

Don't worry David unless I wash mine tomorrow morning mine will be filthy as I haven't been allowed to wash it since I got the lights done which he said not to do for a week and I got them done last Saturday but I'm not sure whether to risk washing them yet

I've left the billy bobs trek open to discussion on the day cos the option was to go there from the whaler anyway :)

Don't worry David unless I wash mine tomorrow morning mine will be filthy as I haven't been allowed to wash it since I got the lights done which he said not to do for a week and I got them done last Saturday but I'm not sure whether to risk washing them yet

Its due to rain tomorrow afternoon anyway :x

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Its due to rain tomorrow afternoon anyway :x

Sent from my Lenovo A5500-F using Tapatalk

Yeah it's not meant to be a very nice weekend so I may not bother and just get the inside nice and clean haha moving into my first house on sunday could be fun in the rain lol

They also do nice food at billy bobs too so it could be an alternative to fish and chips for a future meet, it does get busy though if the weather is nice so booking might be advisable if going there to eat.

Great meet, great fish & chips, great ice cream! :thumbup:

Next meet at Adam's house!

1) He won't get lost.

2) He won't be late.

:D :D :D

Ste, shame you missed it. It's ok though, I had your ice cream. You can pay me later!

:D  :rofl:  :giggle:

Glad it was a good one Simbo!  :thumbup:

...hopefully we have another one real soon.

• Like 3

Oh & a special mention to Hyphons for coming all the way from Poole in Dorset to a Yorkshire meet.  A million Skodas in my rear view mirror was quite a sight!

+ 1 to Hyphons, great effort mate, well done   :clap:

How many Skodas in you rear view mirror Simbo  ?   :notme:

• Like 2

Great meet, great fish & chips, great ice cream! :thumbup:

Next meet at Adam's house!

1) He won't get lost.

2) He won't be late.

:D :D :D

Ste, shame you missed it. It's ok though, I had your ice cream. You can pay me later!

At least Adam got the right day. :giggle: :giggle:  :giggle:  

My 'Diary' already told me I couldnt go

What was the weather like there?...Very wet on the Ingleton Falls walk

• Like 2

Just got back in from this was good meet something different. Next time I'll be on time lol hopefully have the same waitress lol but not one called Judy lol

Got delayed on the way home as I came across this:

post-80615-0-89446000-1429984454_thumb.jpg

It had only happened a minute before. No one hurt, but not a good place to wait for the police to turn up. The other car up the hill had been behind them and stopped to make sure they were ok, but left shortly afterwards. It had started raining heavily shortly before this (presumably that was what had turned the road greasy), so I offered them luxurious Yeti accommodation for 20 minutes!

** and no, I wasn't doing 52mph at this point - the GPS always lags on acceleration/deceleration!

• Like 1

A couple of pics from the second venue, showing the fine Yorkshire weather we were able to enjoy.

gallery_80615_804_33377.jpg

gallery_80615_804_36867.jpg

The Portuguese sunshine was calling Mr & Mrs Goldfinger, so they had just been picked up driven off in a taxi his vRS!

• Like 3

Nice to see my car standing out like a sore thumb lol. It was a good little meet the fish and chips and ice cream where great, I'm looking forward to the next meet already

• Like 2