Superb 1.6 Diesel MPG

About 4.9L/100 kms (57 MPG) if my calculations are correct.

Exactly the same as my last fill.

In my signature is the link to my fuelly account

engine now on 1800 miles, this fill was a bit better than the last but neither were as good as my 420 motorway 1st fill on 62mpg

My current average is 4.9l/100km and these are not maxi values. GreenLine does not encourage me to push it so 5.0/100km is not that hard to achieve.

The best I was able to get was 4.3l/100km over 200km stretch while cruising from Cork to Dublin.

• Like 1

The games afoot......wifey wants to go to Spain, its 810 miles from Calais to L'estartit (well it was last time)......1300KMS....

Apart from that Central Massif its a nice run, did it last time in a Montego Td with a slipping clutch and a trailer tent, 2 adults and 3 kids....  

On a trip back from heathrow to bridgend. As soon as I got on the motorway, I reset the trip and I put the cruise control on 60mph. Only me in the car. It's a 2.0L 170BHP.

post-80303-0-38707700-1430267275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaytip
  • Like 4

On a trip back from heathrow to bridgend. As soon as I got on the motorway, I reset the trip and I put the cruise control on 60mph. Only me in the car. It's a 2.0L 170BHP.

R U sure your Maxidot's OK?

22 degrees, we had snow yesterday!

R U sure your Maxidot's OK?

22 degrees, we had snow yesterday!

This photo was taken last year. My taxi driving colleagues wouldn't believe me when I said the trip shows 70+ MPG on a run, so I took the photo to show them. I Don't know how accurate the trip computer is though. On my last car (greenline Octavia) the trip measured 70.1 MPG on a journey, but the actual brim-to-brim was 69.9 MPG, so that computer was pretty accurate.

As I have said on other threads, I have checked the fuel computer on mine and it does seem surprisingly accurate. Even the odometer was only about 0.5-1% out compared to GPS, but the speedo seems to over-read by a greater amount.

This photo was taken last year. My taxi driving colleagues wouldn't believe me when I said the trip shows 70+ MPG on a run, so I took the photo to show them. I Don't know how accurate the trip computer is though. On my last car (greenline Octavia) the trip measured 70.1 MPG on a journey, but the actual brim-to-brim was 69.9 MPG, so that computer was pretty accurate.

My taximeter has a mileage per job option and is deadly accurate, ill check the speedo next trip out

Third fill up this morning.

5.14 L/100 kms (55MPG)

Puter said 4.7 L/100 kms (9.5% optimistic)

Over the 3 fills so far, computer has been on average 10% optimistic. Actual average to date 55.43 MPG.

More than happy that such a big comfortable car can give such economy, especially since there were no long trips on this fill.

Now 3000 miles

8 fills, a couple were just to top up

my Fuelly average is 55mpg. this a mix of town, good A roads and dual carriageways

last car was 40mpg 

im sure on a good run there is a 65mpg in there

Todays fill came back as 55mpg, trip for the 631 miles said 59mpg

Edited by lichfielddriver

• 3 weeks later...

My fourth fill to fill fuel check today. (And probably last for a while now that I have a good idea what she's doing)

933.9 Kms / 45.74 L  =  4.89 Kms per 100L.  (57.7 MPG)

Computer 4.6L/100 Kms (6% Optimistic)

Mixed driving, not much stop start. No motorways.

Sorry for boring you all, but I am so impressed by the economy of this car, I was expecting perhaps 50 MPG with careful driving.

I am not trying to be particularly fuel efficient, just driving normally, at the speed limit of about 100 KPH.

Average MPG to date is 56MPG.

To add:  Using aircon quite a lot lately, one of the problems with the darker colours. No need yet in our silver car!

Edited by eagerv

• 2 weeks later...

I have just come back from a 1900 mile driving holiday in Scotland and the North of England.

Journey up averaged - 66mpg

Journey back averaged - 71mpg (strong tailwind)

Driving round hilly Scotland and the most scenic bits of Northern England 56mpg :blush:

All brim to brim

• Like 3

As the weather improved so did my mileage. According to Spritmonitor my avarage is 4.8L/100km or 59MPG.

Had a good run out of the last tank 4.44L/100km(64MPG) and was able to cover 1222km(759miles) and according to computer still could do 40km.

I've read in many posts that computer is optimistic but in my case it is mostly spot on. What I have noticed, that deviation depends a lot on driving style. So the more aggressive the driving, the bigger deviation will be.

The optimism of my computer is decreasing as time increases.

At first was about 11% but now down to about 6%.

Perhaps it's learning my driving style. :wonder:

Average MPG to date calculated fill to fill  56.9.

The optimism of my computer is decreasing as time increases.

At first was about 11% but now down to about 6%.

Perhaps it's learning my driving style. :wonder:

Average MPG to date calculated fill to fill  56.9.

Bout the same as mine then, extra-urban with a few miles dual carriageway

• 2 weeks later...

Just did my first long motorway trip. Including town and city driving

888.3 kms.  41.41Litres fill to fill.  = 4.66 L/100 kms ( 60.6 MPG ) Computer 4.4 (+6%)

My first time over 60 MPG. Am truly amazed, considering was cruising at 120 kmh most of the time.

The 1.6 Diesel is a very comfortable, quiet cruiser and powerful enough.

My lifetime actual average is now 57.4 MPG.

• Like 2