Stream to Bolero swap.

Looking at swapping my stream over to a balero, but just wonder is it a straight swap (will the surround be the same?) & will I still get the heater control display & the parking distance show on the balero screen as I do with the stream?

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Aren't Bolero and Stream mp3 same shape so original fascia surround can be used. I changed mine because I didn't want to re-use the plain black but am sure new one is same shape/ size as original. You'd need a new one for a Columbus or Amundsen.

I guess installing Polar FIS will get your climate and parking display back . It will be cheaper to upgrade all these and buying just Polar FIS .

Check this video out 

What is polar FIS?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also depending on what was fitted before the Bolero, it's possible that the pinouts altered between the Stream and Bolero for the Aux in and CD changer.

Changed from Stream to Bolero last week (07/57 pre-FL). New surround NOT required - they are the same shape. Parking/climate not an issue - you still get the beeps and the Bolero doesn't stop the mirrors from working! My AUX input still works fine, but CD changer in boot not recognised. Also, Parrott no longer works (so removed as BT module on its way)

I also had to re select the AUX function to enable it in VCDS when i fitted a bolero,  i could see aux but couldn't select it on the bolero display until it was coded in.  The bolero was from a yeti so in some cases i don't think the aux option is on as default if the vehicle it was sourced from had mdi or something.  

What is polar FIS?

Think of it as a function enabler :)

There's one for sale here at the moment actually:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/351413-polar-pf03-fis-advanced-fis-unit-vim-vcds-etc/#entry4217951

Nice bit of kit and allows you access to a whole lot of functionality.

• 4 years later...
On 22/04/2015 at 00:13, Britbusdriver said:

Changed from Stream to Bolero last week (07/57 pre-FL). New surround NOT required - they are the same shape. Parking/climate not an issue - you still get the beeps and the Bolero doesn't stop the mirrors from working! My AUX input still works fine, but CD changer in boot not recognised. Also, Parrott no longer works (so removed as BT module on its way)

Hi,
Did you changed fascia or original from Stream is compatible?

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I managed to pick up a really cheap bolero ( £30 ) on marketplace as the person selling it had a battery drain issue. I swapped from Stream to Bolero in my Elegance estate without any real issues same shape so plug and play all I needed was a conversion lead for the aerial. I lost the climate display on screen but on the stream it only shows the temp which is also displayed a few inches lower so not really an issue. I also lost the reverse display but the beeps still work. I don't have MFSW so not a problem. I also lost the 6 disc in the boot I don't know about the AUX as I have not checked it but as I now have 6 disc in dash that are all MP3 its not a problem

• Like 1

On 25/11/2019 at 14:59, softscoop said:

I had to fit an updated can gateway to prevent battery drain.

I think there is one version of the bolero that works fully with the earlier steering wheel buttons.

Sorry for disturbing. Which can gateway I need ? How can I know ? And how I can make my steering wheel fully work ?