BEST REMAP COMPANYS!

my car is now fully built just needs a good few days somewhere on the rollers was originally being done by DNA tuning but due to him moving premises ive been told ive got a 2 mths wait a month a go it was 3 weeks need it done asap can anyone suggest any good company's i could contact distance no issue  

You won't hear many people, if any, mention revo!

Another I've heard about recently, Derv Tech in Manchester.

contacted revo its to much for them! well thats what he more or less said he sounded like a generated map man tbh

na that was only possible through logs (emails sent back and fore) need it done on a dyno to get the best from it

Just because a company uses a dyno doesn't mean they will map it better :)

Just because a company uses a dyno doesn't mean they will map it better :)

It's by no means a qualification of their skill but I would never use a company who doesn't have a dyno. Road mapping has no place apart from logging and checking but many companies simply flash a map that was written on another car , not sure I value that either

It's by no means a qualification of their skill but I would never use a company who doesn't have a dyno. Road mapping has no place apart from logging and checking but many companies simply flash a map that was written on another car , not sure I value that either

Road mapping is more accurate than dyno mapping because its real life what the car is doing on the road as its mapped.

What's your experience on road mapping? :)

• Like 1

Road mapping is more accurate than dyno mapping because its real life what the car is doing on the road as its mapped.

What's your experience on road mapping? :)

That's not totally accurate , loads can be varied as much if not more on the dyno as it can on the road.

I have used road mapping a lot myself (logging , altering the map and repeat) as I used to map my own car but I always checked it on a dyno afterwards and ALWAYS had to make some small adjustments

Fact is you can't hold a powerful car at full load very long on the road , if you do you end up like road mappers like Tweenierob

That's not totally accurate , loads can be varied as much if not more on the dyno as it can on the road.

I have used road mapping a lot myself (logging , altering the map and repeat) as I used to map my own car but I always checked it on a dyno afterwards and ALWAYS had to make some small adjustments

Fact is you can't hold a powerful car at full load very long on the road , if you do you end up like road mappers like Tweenierob

You must be retarded to try mapping on the road on your own!

It is better real life mapping,people use dynos to map because it's easier and safer and can be done by one person so cheaper.

Proper on the road mapping for a powerful car is done on a airfield or the like,with one person driving and the passenger mapping with set cans and wide band lambda etc.

You must be retarded to try mapping on the road on your own!

It is better real life mapping,people use dynos to map because it's easier and safer and can be done by one person so cheaper.

Proper on the road mapping for a powerful car is done on a airfield or the like,with one person driving and the passenger mapping with set cans and wide band lambda etc.

A good mapper uses both a dyno and a road, a dyno to map the car and the road to check or make final adjustments. I've known lots of 600+ hp cars mapped on dynos , not many tuners that I know have access to a private airfield, I'm sure that if they did they would use them. Of course its safer mapping on the dyno , its more controllable for one , people die road mapping cars

I'm sure you can get your mapper to explain it to you but there is live mapping and there is running a car with data logging equipment, downloading the data, analysing it and making adjustments to the map and then re flashing the modified map back to the car* , not every ecu can be live mapped anyhow. Most of my "mapping" was spent in front of the TV with a laptop and a pint of beer. You are simply driving the car with a laptop connected, at no point do you need to look at or touch the laptop , hardly retarded !

*this is how postal maps work

That's not really on the road mapping though,that's logging surely?

Professional on the road/airfield mappers map live in the car.

Who uses an airfield to map ? Name one ?

The guy I use teaches mapping and holds courses at his workshop , he doesn't have a private airfield , I'll have to tell him he clearly doesn't know what he is doing

Some of the fastest and most powerful cars in Europe are all mapped on the road or private roads

Dyno used at end to check but actual live mapping done on road

Mapping can be done just aswell on the road just has it's downfalls as in a moderate powered car your hitting big speeds.

Dynos will never load the same as on road

Even mappers that map on dyno of high out put cars then have to go do logging on road to make sure it's okay

I also know some companies with dynos who couldn't map a lawn mower let alone a car but you come out with whatever bhp you want !!!

Bet your mapper claims to be able to teach someone how to map in a week lmfao

• Like 1

Who uses an airfield to map ? Name one ?

The guy I use teaches mapping and holds courses at his workshop , he doesn't have a private airfield , I'll have to tell him he clearly doesn't know what he is doing

Can name two I know of straight off from my Cosworth days, Motorsport Developments and MAD Performance.

So if your the expert you make out name the reasons mapping on a dyno is better/more accurate?

You won't be able to, because its not, its just easier and safer, not better.
  • Like 1

Dynos will never load the same as on road

I found this out recently. Logging a car on a dyno and comparing to road logs was like night and day. This made me read up on how they work which was very interesting reading.

If you do manage to get the dyno to load correctly, then a log would be the same as on the road. So how would this make the map "better"?

Also have to think about what does a dyno do? Measures power at the wheels. So how is that useful when mapping? Bragging down the pub :)

You can't get away from the fact the key to mapping is logging data and as much as it as you can and as fast (sample rate) as you can. Whether it's done on an airfield, race track, £150k dyno cell or a 10k home built dyno doesn't matter as long as it gives a real life loading.

• Like 1