Kinda getting fed up with foreign lorry drivers now

whitep

Don't even get me started on foreign lorry drivers!

DSC_0099_zpspq6qppim.jpg

Insurance claim still pending... still haven't had a response from the polish insurance company and this happened about 3 weeks ago.

He didn't speak any English either.

Phil

I worked at a company where a polish chap took a company car out. He crashed into a family putting them in hospital gave his details to the police while claiming he didn't speak English. He was fluent. Next day the police turned up at work because rumour has it one of the people in the crash died. He vanished out the back and ****ed off home to Poland.

He was fluent in English and told me personally he was doing over 100 mph when he lost it on a corner and had the accident. And more annoying, he was a solicitor by trade back home.

I believe foreign drivers always claim they don't speak English when they cross the law.

• Like 1

I tend not to drive alongside lorries in any case. Had a close shave on an empty M4 with a coal truck back in the day. I saw his front wheel shape change and managed to GTFO. In the SE in today's driving conditions, very little chance I could reproduce my avoid without causing a cataclysm.

Also seen a shunt on the M4 where it was obvious the lorry just never saw the car. A foreign lorry.... Was a busy summer day and traffic in all lanes was ebbing and flowing. Lorry caught the back bumper of the car and dragged it sideways.

J.

Aye I tend to give lorries a pretty wide berth no matter where they're from. Way too easy for one to flatten you and not even notice. 

I worked at a company where a polish chap took a company car out. He crashed into a family putting them in hospital gave his details to the police while claiming he didn't speak English. He was fluent. Next day the police turned up at work because rumour has it one of the people in the crash died. He vanished out the back and ****ed off home to Poland.

He was fluent in English and told me personally he was doing over 100 mph when he lost it on a corner and had the accident. And more annoying, he was a solicitor by trade back home.

I believe foreign drivers always claim they don't speak English when they cross the law.

Foreign everybodys claim they can't speak English when there's something wrong. Like the pillock I worked with on the farm, couldn't understand me when I said he was doing wrong pushing cows through a tiny gap but if he wanted a holiday or something fixing in the house he's living in he explained quite clearly to the boss.

On both the A34 and A14 there are restrictions on lorries overtaking at peak times (I think it's 7 am - 7 pm). My experience of both is that some of the lorry drivers (driving both UK and foreign registered trucks) don't give a monkeys.

Where on the a34 ? I know it's a long road , I live within sight on it and there is a steep hill with no overtaking for hgv's due to accidents where trucks doing 30mph have pulled out on cars doing 70+mph , it's widely flouted and never policed so has never addressed the problem . I use the a34 very often and it's common to get stuck behind trucks "elephant racing " for 5 miles at a time

I'm no truck hater , I passed my hgv3 in 1986 and my class 1 in 1992, I can also drive coaches but a lot of these issues have arisen due to speed limiters and will only get worse now some companies limit to 52 or even 50 mph

Over Easter I drove from Dumbarton to Heathrow and back, and never saw a trucker put a wheel wrong (unless you count 1mph delta V "overtakes"). A couple of days later I was trying to join a motorway and the car-operating onanist in front of me wanted to do 35mph down the slip and into the carriageway!

• Like 1