Do I need to align my tires after I have my struts replaced?

No, you don't. Felicia's suspension design has no means for caster / camber angles adjustment. The toe angle will stay the same since you don't mess with track rods length.

So that is strange to be happen when I replaced struts without alignment, the tyres were worn from the inside edge the only thing i did was changing the struts and both tyres at the same time were worn and after exchanging them and alignment there was no wear. Is that related somehow with struts or that the previous alignment was done on the old struts where they were not straight ? I don't know .

The toe angle was out of spec before changing the struts and tires. Did you change the springs too or just the shock absorbers? In other words, did the ride height change?

Ricardo is potentially right, assuming that you just undid the track rod lock nuts enough to break the lock, then unscrewed the rod ends.

If you broke the taper-balls on the rod ends to get the struts out, then you could well have changed the track rod lengths.

Ricardo is potentially right, assuming that you just undid the track rod lock nuts enough to break the lock, then unscrewed the rod ends.

If you broke the taper-balls on the rod ends to get the struts out, then you could well have changed the track rod lengths.

Ken, did you ever take out a Felicia strut?

No, but I'd be seriously surprised if they were that different to any other FWD strut that they don't need the track rods disconnecting.

It's time for a huge surprise then. They don't need. Haynes manuals or other related literature are one thing, getting dirty and greasy from working on a car is another thing. People need real life, specific advice.

My final answer is this:

If the ride height changes, you need a new toe alignment. Putting new, identical shock absorbers doesn't change the ride height, but putting new, identical suspension springs it does.

ridechck.gif

So that is strange to be happen when I replaced struts without alignment, the tyres were worn from the inside edge the only thing i did was changing the struts and both tyres at the same time were worn and after exchanging them and alignment there was no wear. Is that related somehow with struts or that the previous alignment was done on the old struts where they were not straight ? I don't know .

Please rephrase because it is very confusing what happened in chronological order. Shorter sentences and punctuation make the difference for me. This way I may be able to advice more thorough.

Ok, as I'm reading this, you changed the complete suspension units (spring, damper, and top mount) rather than dismantling the units and changing the damper inserts retaining the original to vehicle springs?

If so, then as Ricardo says in #12 you will have changed the front ride height and hence the toe setting, causing your reported edge wear.

Also, just for the record, did you remove the assembled struts (suspension unit plus hub carrier) from the vehicle?

Also, just for the record, did you remove the assembled struts (suspension unit plus hub carrier) from the vehicle?

I think you missed completely my reply #10. See where I'm pointing at?

1UpN6oD.jpg