Extra soundproofing in Scandinavian cars?

I just found a swedish review of the Octy 3, and it mentioned that Octavias sold in Scandinavia has extra soundproofing to compensate for the bad tarmac we have up here(the winters and studded tyrrs really eats tarmac).

Anyone who knows anything about this?

Here's the link to the review (in swedish):

http://teknikensvarld.se/provkorning-av-skoda-octavia-combi-18-tsi-180-green-tec-118229/

I just found a swedish review of the Octy 3, and it mentioned that Octavias sold in Scandinavia has extra soundproofing to compensate for the bad tarmac we have up here(the winters and studded tyrrs really eats tarmac).

Anyone who knows anything about this?

Here's the link to the review (in swedish):

http://teknikensvarld.se/provkorning-av-skoda-octavia-combi-18-tsi-180-green-tec-118229/

I would think that if that is so,that the insulation would be a dual purpose addition that would also form a thermal barrier to counteract the colder temperatures drivers experience in that part of the world.

I can not link it, but there is a Yeti thread from 2011 you will find.

Briskoda yeti superb extra sound deadening scandanavia.

Thanks. Will check it out.

I wouldn't be surprised id it did. The O3 is surprisingly quiet, it even compares to our previous Volvo with laminated side windows, which I didn't expect.

Though I bet it'll get even more quiet once we get the anti-rust coating sprayed on the bottom, it usually dampens a lot of road-noise.

That sounds reasonable. It can get quite cold in some parts of Scandinavia.

Nice use of English understatement there :)

We have a bit of really smooth stretch of tarmac on a relatively new and local motorway and even at speed it is eerily quiet in the car.

Then you hit the normal course chip tarmac and normal tyre noise is resumed, you also feels the extra drag the rougher surface.

Edited by Gerrycan

Not as standard in Finland. I checked the data of our brand new Octavia Combi Elegance 1.4TSI DSG from the erWin database:
https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

It has: WIthout additional exterior noise suppression. Family data code is: GRD. 

Edited by Grumpy Finn

Not as standard in Finland. I checked the data of our brand new Octavia Combi Elegance 1.4TSI DSG from the erWin database:

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

It has: WIthout additional exterior noise suppression. Family data code is: GRD. 

That's actually "Hood noise dampening panel", 5E0 863 831 "Additional exterior noise suppression". It comes as standard for diesel powered vehicles like mine.

That's actually "Hood noise dampening panel", 5E0 863 831 "Additional exterior noise suppression". It comes as standard for diesel powered vehicles like mine.

Thanks, nice to know.

The panel is waiting for assembly.

My swedish Scout 2.0 tdi 184 dsg has "GDM, Additional interior noise suppression" and "GRD, Additional exterior noise suppression"

do you have any visible soundproofing under the spare wheel?