Leaving the Yeti fold

MarieK

I read a report on JD Powers ; Initial Quality Survey which put Fiat last in the U.S. ......some odd results has Chevrolet in the top bracket, ahead of Lexus ......Subaru was third LAST!

You'd have to wonder if it's all about the size of the drinks holder.........Kia was first.

Initial Quality, what does that mean? Before driving it?

I believe I compared Marie:s new car with a multipla earlier in this thread. I saw one the other day for the first time in years. I'm sorry Marie I'd forgotten just how ugly they were. Your renegade is much much nicer. .......

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

It was extremely brave of Fiat to have a go at something so radical......pity we don't get more of it instead of so much me-too styling.

Motoring journos would have something to discuss beyond the number of cup holders and similar tripe......(gom)

A non chrome bezeled cup holder simply wouldn't be good enough for my mocha choco frappuccino  :coffee:

Its the real reason I changed the Yeti for the Renegade 

• Like 4

A non chrome bezeled cup holder simply wouldn't be good enough for my mocha choco frappuccino  :coffee:

Its the real reason I changed the Yeti for the Renegade

Ahhh, Marie....a woman of discerning substance and style ))))
  • Like 1

Hello Marie,

After several weeks of your new Renegade ownership,Is there anything you miss about the Yeti?   Truthfully.

Edited by oriki

Hello Marie,

After several weeks of your new Renegade ownership,Is there anything you miss about the Yeti?   Truthfully.

Alternatively.....and on a positive note.....

Hello Marie,

After several weeks of your new Renegade ownership,Is there anything you like about your new car that improves on the previous Yeti ownership?   Truthfully.

One week of ownership of the Renegade and I've had the chance to make some further comparisons with the Yeti.

1. The footprint of the boot is just a tiny bit smaller than the Yeti, maybe an inch in width and depth. My dog cage still fits as I thought it would so I'm happy.

2. The back seats don't fold completely flat (I think the Juke was similar) so this is a disadvantage over the Yeti. They don't have the versatility of the Yeti back seats (movement/fold/remove etc). This isn't a particularly big deal to me but may be to other folk.

3. I have the visibility pack and experienced the smart beam auto dimming headlight function last night. Very impressed with the timing and accuracy. It means if I put full beam on at night I can let the car control the dipping when another car appears.

4. Turning circle is wider than the Yeti, needs about an extra metre.

5. I miss some of the Yeti features like hooks in the boot to keep shopping bags in place, the wee clip on windscreen for parking ticket. Oh and the compartment above the rear view mirror where I could keep my driving glasses. There's also less space/depth in the doors for bottles etc.

6. On the plus side, the roof rails on the Renegade aren't going to lose the ends off them in a strong breeze! They're rock solid. The whole car feels solidly built and well put together in fact. Like a chunky Yeti   :thumbup:

Hope this helps anyone who is interested/curious about the differences.

Hello Marie,

Alternatively.....and on a positive note.....

Hello Marie,

After several weeks of your new Renegade ownership,Is there anything you like about your new car that improves on the previous Yeti ownership?   Truthfully.

I've already answered this in the quote above. I can't think of much to add to it at the moment.

The versatility of the back seats would probably be the biggest loss for Yeti owners switching to the Renegade (or any other car that doesn't have it).

Driving the Jeep is really very similar to the Yeti though, so there's not a lot in it aside from what I've already said above.

Its a chunkier more modern version of the Yeti in my opinion.

• 3 months later...