Leaving the Yeti fold

MarieK

They'll certainly see you coming in that B) , whether against snow or heather!!  I hope you continue to enjoy it - there will be several members here watching out for your progress reports! 

• Like 1

Hmm, not sure, perhaps I need to see one in the flesh. It's certainly quirky and I like quirky. Will certainly add this to my ever increasing list of possible Yeti replacements next year :)

• Like 1

Looks nice, wishing you many happy miles together. I like the quirky look but for me and swmbo it would be a Yeti first but that would come in second, have fun 

• Like 1

That looks pretty cool! Got any front and rear pictures?

These have my dog cage in the boot as I wanted to confirm that it fitted. Very similar boot size to Yeti.

18275269101_929245780a_c.jpg

18087697889_e8bf9891a2_c.jpg

• Like 1

I've got to say that is really rather awesome. The yanks have started to really churn out some good cars with really, well french-a-like, styling. Brilliant.

Well of course I'm biased but I agree. Jeep have put a lot of thought into the styling and it feels pretty solid with some nice refinements.

Mercedes gave up on Chrysler so I hope Fiat can save them......if it has a great interior, thank Europe as far as I'm concerned.

I had a Wrangler with the Italian diesel and Mercedes 5 speed auto and under German management was great but had to give it up cos there was no footrest and the bell housing forced a compromised seating position and an aching hip resulted...I still miss it though.

Looks like yours has a footrest, to me that's necessary.

• Like 1

The display in the centre can be scrolled to show actual mph in big digits :D

Pah, blatantly ripping off the yeti

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know the Yanks are prone to put warning labels on items due to litigation; Warning Contents May Be Hot, on a cup of coffee. Warning Objects May Be Closer Than They Appear on side mirror, but to put that warning on the boot to indicate its small capacity is surely a step too far?

IIRC these " smaller " Non USA Jeeps are completely FIAT under pining except for body design. All badged so thatChrysler can get thier avg CO2 emmsions down to sell in europe.

I recognise this switchgear / steering wheel design from when i had my 500, the main reason for ditching it after owning for just on 2 years was the horrendous MPG I got from the diesel engine despite doing same miles & route to work i was getting 8-10 mpg worse that my previoulsy owned - mapped Fabia vRS.

Hope you get what you expect MPG wise from it.

One week of ownership of the Renegade and I've had the chance to make some further comparisons with the Yeti.

1. The footprint of the boot is just a tiny bit smaller than the Yeti, maybe an inch in width and depth. My dog cage still fits as I thought it would so I'm happy.

2. The back seats don't fold completely flat (I think the Juke was similar) so this is a disadvantage over the Yeti. They don't have the versatility of the Yeti back seats (movement/fold/remove etc). This isn't a particularly big deal to me but may be to other folk.

3. I have the visibility pack and experienced the smart beam auto dimming headlight function last night. Very impressed with the timing and accuracy. It means if I put full beam on at night I can let the car control the dipping when another car appears.

4. Turning circle is wider than the Yeti, needs about an extra metre.

5. I miss some of the Yeti features like hooks in the boot to keep shopping bags in place, the wee clip on windscreen for parking ticket. Oh and the compartment above the rear view mirror where I could keep my driving glasses. There's also less space/depth in the doors for bottles etc.

6. On the plus side, the roof rails on the Renegade aren't going to lose the ends off them in a strong breeze! They're rock solid. The whole car feels solidly built and well put together in fact. Like a chunky Yeti   :thumbup:

Hope this helps anyone who is interested/curious about the differences.

• Like 3