Drivers B Pillar Rattle - 7 month old MK III Elegance Estate

• 2 months later...

Autumn has arrived and with the cold weather the Drivers B Pillar Rattle is back and this time its louder also the Media Centre has developed a creek....its like sitting in a Hammer House of Horrors Mansion.....just required the wind whistling and a vampire and I’ll have the full set of annoyances in an otherwise good car especially as I just found out my engine doesn’t have the vorsprung durch technik emissions software.....     

I keep getting this annoying buzzing/ rattle from the drivers side seat belt height adjusted on the b-pillar, I'm not sure how to stop it.

I also get a rattle from the centre dash speaker on certain frequencies, typically talking on the radio or listening to a podcast.

And the sunglasses holder rattle is a standard feature of course :) 

Cant be bothered to take it to the dealers as they seem useless and pretty much ignored my last niggles i asked them to check for me.

I did over 800 miles in mine this weekend and the B pillar buzz drove me mad. Short of turning the radio up louder no amount of tapping, whacking or shouting at it would get it to stop. I shall try the lithium grease idea.

I also get the dash binnacle rattle occasionally, but a gentle press on the corner of it stops that one. Ho hum.

I cant be bothered taking it yet again (3 in total) to the New dealer, as the original "who identified the issue as the b pillar seat belt adjuster" but was closed by Skoda UK a week before it was due to go in to be sorted, cant identify it and Skoda UK wont allow parts swaps to rule out what it could be.....so I just Hammer House of Horrors sort of live with it....still it'll go come the Summer and the warmth that will drive off the Ghosts in the Machine until Autumn and the cold comes again....

I'm having a similar noise with mine. Keeping my finger pressed against the seat belt adjuster lever seems to stop the noise.

Anyone else try this?

Yep that fixes it.  A coffee stirrer stuffed in the gap above the adjuster was my fix until I had the unit replaced a second time

I had a Rapid on loan the other day and that had the same rattle from the same place.

Yep that fixes it. A coffee stirrer stuffed in the gap above the adjuster was my fix until I had the unit replaced a second time

Did it affect the Passangers side of your car?

Was there much issue with getting dealer to replace it?....i.e. is it a known issue.

Yep that fixes it.  A coffee stirrer stuffed in the gap above the adjuster was my fix until I had the unit replaced a second time

I had a Rapid on loan the other day and that had the same rattle from the same place.

Hello sworrall

How did you achieve a replacement, as I asked Skoda UK who supposedly checked if any dealers in England and Wales had come across this problem and the reply was no, therefore no replacement part (exactly as you described0 unless I paid in full.. What cheek as the problems been there since new and cars only just 12 mths old!!!

I also heard it in a new Fabia on loan when mine was in​

Mine also had some wear from the seatbelt cutting a groove into the plastic so maybe they've swapped it under that premise?  I think your dealer is right in that Skoda don't like swapping out parts for rattles which is pretty crap really.

I can send you a coffee cup stirrer if could like?

Hello sworrall

How did you achieve a replacement, as I asked Skoda UK who supposedly checked if any dealers in England and Wales had come across this problem and the reply was no, therefore no replacement part (exactly as you described0 unless I paid in full.. What cheek as the problems been there since new and cars only just 12 mths old!!!

I also heard it in a new Fabia on loan when mine was in​

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a similar noise with mine. Keeping my finger pressed against the seat belt adjuster lever seems to stop the noise.

Anyone else try this?

I had the plastic seat belt adjuster unit replaced last week....so far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

My engine rattles if that helps.

Most cars will thesedays. Have you seen the state of the roads

I dont accept that. I had my Mk2 for 8 years and the seat belt adjuster didn't rattle, so I sure as hell don't expect it out of a 6 month old car.

Tell the dealer then.

Unfortunately after one rattle there is another...and another...

I don't give a damn now about them (rattles). Worrying about them and trying to find rattles especially when driving is dangerous. My car is not a keeper, I'm not wasting my time especially when the car radio can drown out things like that

Tell the dealer then.

Unfortunately after one rattle there is another...and another...

I don't give a damn now about them (rattles). Worrying about them and trying to find rattles especially when driving is dangerous. My car is not a keeper, I'm not wasting my time especially when the car radio can drown out things like that

I did and had the item replaced under warranty.

Why bother replying to the topic if you've nothing to add?

• Like 1