VRS miles to a tank :)

I rarely drive far enough to empty a tank, just come down to Devon , pre coomb meet , made 400 miles on a tank ( to half of reserve) computer said 43.8 mpg , which I thought was good considering I'm on the track tyres (5 mpg less than my winters!) Ash was driving not me, so speed limits were adhered to! ;)

What have others got to a tank?

• Like 2

I filled up last week with tesco momentum,so far swmbo has done just over 100 miles and the range says we have 300 left which I'm impressed about. It's also on countdown for its first oil change and I'm pleased to report I haven't had to top it up since I bought the car 1year/7100 mile ago :-)

• Like 1

I've got some work coming up later this year which will require some nice long trips like 300 miles in one sitting so will report back on mpg vs average speed, currently I've seen anything from 140 miles a tank to 320 miles. I did 14 mile trip this morning and maxi dot said 44.7mpg and was still going up moments before I stopped.

The last couple of times I've filled up, it's showed 375 miles remaining. I reckon I'm getting around 350 or so. I'm using my car for work daily now and have a few decent runs throughout the day so it's slowly creeping up. My average mpg is up to around 33mpg at the moment.

Over some 13,000 miles I have averaged 39.2 MPG.

Every time I fill up I load the details into a spreadsheet.

I do a mix of urban, motorway / A road and country roads driving.

Where it is safe to do so, I tend to drive at the prevailing speed limit - I NEVER speed other than perhaps briefly when overtaking in heavy traffic.

I always use "D" on the DSG; I don't thrash the car / accelerate wildly - I have never run the engine at maximum revs, even when overtaking.

I typically use 97 RON.

On those rare occasions that I have filled up with 99 RON I have noticed absolutely zero difference - statistically insignificant.

The worst possible MPG figures are on runs to the shops.

The most interesting thing is that following a recent service my MPG figure seems to have improved by about 15% - STRANGE?!?

As a bit On & Off Topic.

At the weekend at the Track Day had anyone Zeroed the Buttons & approx how much fuel did it say the Twincharger got through, 

and how many Track miles.  ?

didn't do it this time, but I have before, and got 11 mpg.

• Like 1

615 miles on a tankful, Worcester-Glasgow-Worcester, and still 15 miles showing on the range computer in the Fabia 2 VRS- 0211 model, now 97k miles on the clock.

Yes vented fill (a good 50 litres or so), yes cruising at 60-65 most the time.   Some coasting in neutral down some of the long hills, bit of slip streaming sometimes.

Was worried that the Dacia Logan would be not be significantly better range than the excellent Fabia 2 VRS but it looks it will have a range of about 100 miles more than the Fabia and as Skoda are not replacing the Fabia 2 and staying in the small hot hatch market a Clio RS, I hope, will be a natural successor to the Fabia 2 VRS.   Will not miss the sourcing of high octane fuel.  

615 miles on a tankful, Worcester-Glasgow-Worcester, and still 15 miles showing on the range computer in the Fabia 2 VRS- 0211 model, now 97k miles on the clock.

Yes vented fill (a good 50 litres or so), yes cruising at 60-65 most the time.   Some coasting in neutral down some of the long hills, bit of slip streaming sometimes.

Was worried that the Dacia Logan would be not be significantly better range than the excellent Fabia 2 VRS but it looks it will have a range of about 100 miles more than the Fabia and as Skoda are not replacing the Fabia 2 and staying in the small hot hatch market a Clio RS, I hope, will be a natural successor to the Fabia 2 VRS.   Will not miss the sourcing of high octane fuel.  

:o 615 ?! bloody hell! thats good going! makes my attempt seem poor now! lol....

I'm happy to see you post, nice to know how well your car is going at nearly 100k..... I will be keeping mine, so will pass that mileage at some point!

• Like 1