VRS Suspension Upgrade

My Fabia vRS is currently running on standard shocks with Eibach springs and a RARB and the handling is fine but it is a bit 'crashy' over potholes etc so I would like to soften this aspect up whilst keeping the good handling aspects. I see Awesome do the Bilstein B12/Eibach kit, has anyone used this? Is it recommended? Any other recommendations?

Mrs T uses the car for commuting so comfort is important.

Best avoid hitting potholes, and fit good strong 215/40 R17 tyres (XL) that might give a bit more chance of surviving.

I'm tempted to find some nice 16" wheels for Mrs T's commuting duties.

• Like 1

Good Call.  And still get tyres with good Rim Protection.

I am using £50 'Hifly HF805' .  215/40 R 17's on the front,

i think i will put a pair on the rear now.

The roads are so bad, and i have had so many wrecked tyres now, even trying to avoid potholes, it is the Iron Work on roads in towns and at roadworks often that damages the tyres.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

My understanding is the B12 kit actually includes B8 shocks with Eibach springs, which I've picked up separately - they work well together.

^^^ true. a B12 kit is simply B8 dampers with eibach springs, I will be fitting theB8 dampers over this winter, and will then have the B12 kit ;) (as I have the springs in!)

Thanks gents; much appreciated. Strangely, it is possible to buy the B12 kit for less then a set of B8 dampers - how mad is that!

My estate, as you know, is running on the full B12 kit, with RARB, and I'm more than happy with ride comfort

That's on 205/40/17 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2s, I don't really see the need to go to 215s, that surely just causes more drag?

• Like 1

215/40 R 17 tyres have not always got more actual tread on the road than 205/40 R17.  

it is the tyre width, (sidewall to sidewall) and different brands change how the profile can cause the tread to sit on the asphalt.

the vRS came with 205's as OEM fit & the Polo GTI, 185ps A1 & Ibiza Cupra 180 ps / 150 FR came with 215's & lower co2 g km,  and better fuel economy by VWG figures. A lower VED Class as well.

The All new 3rd Generation 2015 Fabia even get 215 tyres now, low emissions, better economy and reportedly a better ride.

Edited by goneoffSKi