Columbus satnav

The Columbus is way ahead of the RNS310/315 systems, much better graphics, bigger screen, and lots more features and options to choose from in the various menus.

I have service stations (called 'Rest Areas' in the Columbus) shown on my mapping as POI's, you can touch the 'R' on the screen and it will ask if you want to add it as a stopover on your journey.

I've tried the new 8" Columbus in a demo Octavia for a week and didn't find it any better except for the slightly larger screen.

Personally I really like the Columbus, I've had a few different systems over the past few years and it's still a very good system now, way better than the wife's BMW Business satnav.

The Columbus is way ahead of the RNS310/315 systems, much better graphics, bigger screen, and lots more features and options to choose from in the various menus.

I have service stations (called 'Rest Areas' in the Columbus) shown on my mapping as POI's, you can touch the 'R' on the screen and it will ask if you want to add it as a stopover on your journey.

I've tried the new 8" Columbus in a demo Octavia for a week and didn't find it any better except for the slightly larger screen.

Personally I really like the Columbus, I've had a few different systems over the past few years and it's still a very good system now, way better than the wife's BMW Business satnav.

thanks. Found the service areas , marked as motorway services on mine but only come up on the alphabetic search.

thanks. Found the service areas , marked as motorway services on mine but only come up on the alphabetic search.

When you say they only come up on the alphabetic search did you then 'check' the box beside the listing so they then appear on your map?.

Edited by cnc

• 7 months later...