rev limit

Recarouk

This might sound odd and forgive me if it is stiffening really simple, but what's the rev limit ppb the 60ps engine?? Only ask as when I rev the car in neutral it barely hits 4,000 rpm, is that right?? Car has only done 145 miles so far and I'm still taking it really steady driving but I accidentally hit the throttle earlier as I was getting out to open the garage door and noticed it didn't rev very high

I can assure it will rev quite smoothly well beyond 6000rpm, and makes a fantastic noise whilst doing so!  :D  :D  :D

how many miles of "breaking in" do i have to complete before i can go over 4k im impatient already :D :D

another "discovery" i found today i was that in awe i almost crashed, the PID reads out your text messages, i had the wee man with me on the way home from the shops and it promptly read out a message from the wife, we both looked at each other like we'd just discovered fire :D :D :D i love this little car, its fantastic!

• Like 4

how many miles of "breaking in" do i have to complete before i can go over 4k im impatient already :D :D

I gave mine about 1000 before going above 4k! :) 

The car is great, the revs will go to about 6300. Saw an article on how the ECU remaps itself as well, depending on where you use the power. Pretty sure my ECU now gives a fair bit more power between 5000-6300, where it didn't used to (I have the 60PS one). 

Mine has an open foam filter as well, and this gives it extra grunt, especially on a cold start! PID is excellent, and as you say, the text feature is a really useful one. Plus you can get some absolute hoots when you get a funny text read out! :P 

• Like 1

I can't remember but it's in the manual. I reckon 20 miles would cover it!  :D  :D  :D

Clearly that statement above is total *******s; best read the manual or this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/248740-running-in-information/

You'll clock it up in no time - check the manual though, it probably says something like keep it easier to 500 miles then start easing into using the full range.

Key thing - it's not just the engine bedding in but also the brakes, suspension etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You could easily do that 854 miles in a day or two. I did 300 miles the first day, slowly building up the revs over the first week. Did 1700 miles that time. A good week. Covered 11000 miles this last year.

Remember that you are only the driver, the b****y car decides what's max. :devil:

In other words I don't think the ECU will allow you to over rev it.

Lovely car, if it had a bit more power and a higher driving position I'd replace my Yeti with one. As it is I often use my wife's Mii Sport for short journeys.

What's all this getting lower thing all about? I like to get onto a car seat not have to fall into one. :p

Fred

• Like 3

And terrible to drive.

I would rather have higher suspension. I have Greentech. Luckily -15 model have softer suspension than -13 model. Both are Greentechs

Edited by Emil
  • Like 1

^Nothing wrong with cars lowered slightly. No more than 40mm, otherwise shocks etc are at risk, plus you can't go over speedbumps. But they still drive fine. My Greentech Elegance (with the 15mm lowered suspension that comes stock on it, and the sport/MC) handles better than the normal height Citigo. The Eibach's which are an extra 5-10mm over the GT Elegance, make it handle a little better. They're still fine to drive. Both are fine, neither are 'too firm' a ride. However, all this Coilovers to the floor thing, I can't get that. I like the look, but dislike the impracticality and danger to car etc. 

But absolutely nothing wrong with a little bit of lowering. Bear in mind we're talking 15-30mm for Citigos! :D It's nothing.

What's all this getting lower thing all about? I like to get onto a car seat not have to fall into one. :p

Fred

Now this I understand! Member of my family has a dodgy hip, and I understand it can be a bit of a task getting in and out of low cars. Think the Citigo is a little easier than most, though; she seemed to have greater ease getting into my Citigo than our other i20, when we had it, despite mine being a fair bit lower! :D

• Like 2

I have a friend from work, she's on the large side and has problems with her legs, she's always said my car is the roomiest she's ever sat in and she usually gets taxis everywhere, the front seat isn't all the way back either