Decat pipe for VRS

Does anyone know a good place to get a pipe built up to replace the cat to attach to my standard backbox? Anywhere near leeds would be best.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know a good place to get a pipe built up to replace the cat to attach to my standard backbox? Anywhere near leeds would be best.

Cheers

Want sound just remove back box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't bother, standard exhaust is fine to about 220 bhp, decatting with no other mods will achieve absolutely nothing at all.

Oh so this wont achieve the "coo" noise? I want it to sound a bit louder but not over the top and keeping the standard look

Oh so this wont achieve the "coo" noise? I want it to sound a bit louder but not over the top and keeping the standard look

As I understand it, the best way to make silly noises is to dump the standard airbox and fit an S2000 air filter, it's a lot cheaper and an easy DIY job, just do a search to find out how.

Turbodiesels tend to sound like tractors, not much you can do about it I'm afraid (actually tractors ARE turbodiesels so maybe it's the other way around).

Why anyone would want a diesel exhaust to sound louder defeats me, does making it sound louder make it faster perhaps you should try some go faster stripes as well.

Why anyone would want a diesel exhaust to sound louder defeats me, does making it sound louder make it faster perhaps you should try some go faster stripes as well.

Its not the loudness im after, i want the shutoff noise it creates. Each to their own though ay?

Most exhaust places will be able to make you up a straight through down pipe, but if you're struggling I think a lot of people rate long life very highly.

I was looking into decat but I went for a mufflerectamy in the end, it doesn't give the owl noise you're looking for though

Its not the loudness im after, i want the shutoff noise it creates. Each to their own though ay?

Indeed. I already told you it's the intake that will make the sound you want, not the exhaust, but each to their own.

There is no 'shutoff' sound from a turbodiesel because there's no throttle to shut, when you lift off the VNT feathers and the sound you hear is the impeller slowing down because it's trying to pump air the engine doesn't need.

Removing the 'cat' will simply increase your emissions and serve no other purpose at all, petrol turbos get noisier when you 'decat' but you haven't got one of those.

You can tell a Yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much.

That owl noise is annoying! After a few weeks of it being a daily it started to annoy me, a year down the line I try my best to stop it making the noise during normal driving but you can't it makes it regardless of what gear and what ever revs.

I even changed my exhaust to a full miltek with a silencer to try and stop it but just made it quieter.

I started off with a cat cut out and no bavkbox and it didn't make the owl, then swapped to a miltek down pipe, still using the cat back with no bavkbox and that's when it started.

I wouldn't bother, standard exhaust is fine to about 220 bhp, decatting with no other mods will achieve absolutely nothing at all.

It will achieve a fail sheet come MOT time :)
  • Like 1