Led internal lights.

Anyone fitted these to a superb without any error messages? I had them on my insignia and canbus doesn't check interior lights. They make such a difference to the internal lighting.

Every possible bulb in the cabin on mine has been replaced with an LED bulb. The ones in the door that show red out, white down need to be CAN bus friendly.

Thanks Simbo. I will pull all my LEDs out of my insignia before I sell it.

Sorry to hijack the thread but Simbo do you have the details of the LED bulbs you bought? I'm interested to know as I'm thinking of doing mine. Thanks in advance, Carl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack the thread but Simbo do you have the details of the LED bulbs you bought? I'm interested to know as I'm thinking of doing mine. Thanks in advance, Carl.

This may help (correct for my December 2010 Elegance Combi):

Main Beam

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

H3

Front headlight Halogen headlight Xenon headlight

Low beam light H7 D1S

Main beam light H3 D1S, H3

Front fog

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

H8  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Roomster-H8-35w-Super-White-Xenon-HID-Upgrade-Front-Fog-Lamp-Light-Bulbs-/351083231075?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51be30f763Parking 

lamp / Tail Lamp / Interior lightsDRL

DRL

P21W (1156)  

This is what is currently fitted (but no longer available) - purchased September 2012, so they have not lasted bad considering they are on all day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-Q5-382-1156-BA15S-LED-REVERSE-BULB-9-5W-450-LUMENS-BRIGHTEST-AVAILABLE-/330720882406?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%252BHb1aOycp8GvelPanzp2W4gClyI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

They seem to have replaced them with these:  

Front / Rear Indicators 

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

PY21W (Rear)

Front Turn signals PY 24W (Skoda manual)

Side indicators

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

WY5W

Reversing Light /  Brake Light

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

W16W

Rear Fog

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

P21W

Fog lights P21W SLL

Numberplate x2

Philips type number

Technical number (ECE)

Storage compartment light - front passenger C3W

Luggage compartment light (in the tailgate) W5W x2 (24mm long x 10mm dia light emitting from side)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390848662335?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Entry light W5W x4 (Under seat) (24mm long x 10mm dia light emitting from side) - same as luggage compartment light above

Interior lights 2 x front, 3 x rear (24mm long x 10mm dia, light emitting from end) - cannot find another supply of these that I am happy with the colour, but this style are fitted:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301178001533?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Door warning light W5W x4 (24mm long x 10mm dia, light emitting from end) CANBUS - same as interior lights above

Lighting for vanity mirror C5W - same as Number plate lights

Puddle lights (in mirrors) x2 W5W (24mm long x 10mm dia light emitting from side) - same as Luggage compartment light

• Like 4

Thanks Gizmo68 for the very detailed feedback. I think I'll need to consult SWMBO to purchase that little lot. Thanks again , Carl.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Elsewhere on the forum, I read that the footwell/under seat entry lights on the Superb can be adjusted for intensity from the MFD. Does this mean they are also monitored via CANBUS, and replacement LEDs wil throw up an error? I am planning to replace the non-CANBUS interior lights of our Superb with Osram replacement LEDs, and the Canbus monitored W5W bulbs with the cooler temperature regular halogens. As I understand, among the interior lights, the front and rear reading lights, vanity mirror lights and luggage compartment lights are not monitored via CANBUS. It would be helpful if someone could confirm the case of puddle lights as well as footwell lights.

Kind Regards,
Avinash

I changed all mine back in 2010....still going strong :)

Hi,

Do you mean you replaced all the puddle lights and foot-well lights with non-CANBUS LEDs?

Mine are all non canbus and have been fine for 2.5 years. Just to confirm, I am talking about the floor interior and door mirror puddle lights. The only issue with the interior LEDs are that they are very bright, even at 20%. They are fantastic in the puddle lights though...

Edited by numskull
  • Like 1

Hi,

Do you mean you replaced all the puddle lights and foot-well lights with non-CANBUS LEDs?

JakeBlade fantastic guide on changing the standard puddle light incandescent bulbs to LEDs is here..

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233709-how-to-replace-puddle-light-bulbs/?hl=+puddle%20+lights

It starts at post #22. Hope it helps...

Edited by numskull
  • Like 1