Track Rod End Ball Joint Boot

Right, I have damaged my Track rod end ball joint rubber boot/gaitor (Part number: 6U0422523). I have phoned around and looked at the usual places and can not seem to find one(It's discontinued). The closest I can find is a ebay shop that does aftermarket universal ones, but I need the supply the track rod end boot measurements. Does any one know these or has a spare end to measure, without me having to go and start jacking up my car to measure it before I order.

The needed measurments are:

Top hole diameter

Bottom hole diameter

Boot/gaitor height

Thanks If anyone can help.

It is a shame local dealers don't want to import patrs from Czechs. That gaiter production is not discontinued at all. See for instance here and here

I couldn't find anywhere the data you are after so I decided to upload for you 3 high resolution photos that might help. Use the stud / nut as reference. The nut is M12x1.25.

9B6hXzL.jpg
''
sh18zk1.jpg

aWOjSDp.jpg

Edited by RicardoM

I might be able to measure it without taking the wheel off, if I put steering on full lock and reach around the back of the tyre.

• 3 months later...

To Finish this thread off, This I the one I used, it fits a treat. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Polo-3-Track-Rod-End-Bar-and-Ball-Joint-Dust-Cover-Boot-Small-/181750365871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a512a7eaf

And as a rough guide the sizes were:

Top Hole 27mm

Bottom Hole 12.5mm

Height 23mm