2 months in and first problem for dealer to sort

Well I got in the car this morning and was just about to set off and looked in the passenger footwell and saw what looked like a waterfall running down the carpet on the wheel arch and the footwell is absolutely soaked!!! All the way to the dealers it was just ****ing in and it wasn't even raining ...is this something that has happened before to anyone else's superb estate or do I have a demic ???

No sunroof and as far as I can make out all the gutters are clear and not blocked it's absolutely soaked through and I'm now concerned that when it is fixed its gonna stink !!! £20k down the pan......

That's very interesting and also just what my dealer said something along the lines of(in all the years working for skoda this was the first bla bla bla).....also I know vw have problems with leaks into the passenger compartment and when I told him this as the superb is based on a vw passat he was adamant that the superb is of no relation to the passat!!!

I had the soaked  footwell problem 5 months into ownership.  It was diagnosed as a badly sealed windscreen. This was in early 2013.......no smells to date. The key is that the source of the leak is found and fixed. Then the dealer must strip the interior and allow the car and the removed parts to be thoroughly dried. This is what happened to my car and I had a Skoda Assist courtesy car for about three weeks whilst it was sorted out. The heated windscreen and the heated seat control module were replaced as part of the work.

That's very interesting and also just what my dealer said something along the lines of(in all the years working for skoda this was the first bla bla bla).....also I know vw have problems with leaks into the passenger compartment and when I told him this as the superb is based on a vw passat he was adamant that the superb is of no relation to the passat!!!

For the dealer to say that it is no relevance is a concern.

he was adamant that the superb is of no relation to the passat!!!

Oh my...

Superb 3T's use the PQ46 chassis (or A6 chassis, no relation to the Audi A6). Same as on the VW CC, Passat 3, Sharan and Alhambra 7N.

Back to school for him I guess!  :no:

ok they have the car and I have a greenline.the service guy reckons its a prob with the aircon and just wouldn't get it into his head that the aircon hasn't been used for weeks,anyway lets see how it goes he says he will need it for a day.also whats strange is that it ****ed it down all night last night and there is no signs of a leak this morning!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Tell them you want a new windscreen fitted. They've had a fair opportunity to fix it.

You also likely need replacement electrical components that are often located under the carpet.

Botching a strip of silicone sealant along the bottom of the screen is unacceptable.

One more chance to fix it, then you threaten to reject the car.

Did they remove the carpet last time and properly dry it all out?

main dealer has had the car for a couple of days.they said a seal had failed (i dont yet know what seal)i will ask when i collect the car!!just something else to keep an eye on in the future..fingers crossed all will be good now...