New car clean.

llandai

Cheers guys. Ran out of time yesterday so finished off the glass this morning with GTechniq G5.

wQe9xb.jpg

Stunning - looking even better in the sunlight with that last picture!

Enjoy!  :thumbup:

Stunning - looking even better in the sunlight with that last picture!

Enjoy!  :thumbup:

Cheers samuir, might have been a bit heavy handed with the G5, took a good bit of effort to try and get the steaks off the glass, then again maybe it's meant to!

• Like 2

Cheers samuir, might have been a bit heavy handed with the G5, took a good bit of effort to try and get the steaks off the glass, then again maybe it's meant to!

Never had "steaks" on the glass with G5....  :giggle:

...but i know what you mean...

Probably over-application or perhaps the glass was too warm, in my experience.

Also try a couple of different type buffing cloths or towel to get the best result  :thumbup:

Certainly one of the best glass coatings.... add another coat in a month or so - the performance will be amazing and long lasting too.  :rock:

• Like 1

Never had "steaks" on the glass with G5....  :giggle:

...but i know what you mean...

Probably over-application or perhaps the glass was too warm, in my experience.

Also try a couple of different type buffing cloths or towel to get the best result  :thumbup:

Certainly one of the best glass coatings.... add another coat in a month or so - the performance will be amazing and long lasting too.  :rock:

Predictive text on the iPad!! Could've been that the glass was too warm, although I did apply it in the shade and then pulled the car up into the sun for the photo! I guess it's all just experimenting with the amounts and clothes etc etc

• Like 2

I find easiest way is to remove the product with a paper towel, this removes about 75 % of G5, then remove the remainder with a lint free cloth.

Went over all the windows with paper towel alright, didn't have a 2nd lint free cloth with me, used the first to put the G5 on! Will have to tackle the interior at some stage today, it's already filthy after taking the kids to the park yesterday, the eldest, 6, discovered the ski tunnel and had great fun getting in and out of the boot through it!

• Like 1

So after a wet drive to work this morning I can say that the G5 does seem to be very good at repelling the rain but I'm having an issue with wiper judder. When the rain is heavy there is no problem and if it's very light rain I found that if your doing a decent clip the water just runs off and I didn't really need the wipers at all. The problem is when doing slower speeds and the rain isn't too heavy, wipers set to auto and they are just working intermittenly I'm getting a lot of wiper judder, which wasn't an issue before applying the G5. I'm not sure if this is due to maybe being a bit heavy handed when applying it? Anyone else experience this and any thoughts on how to cure it? Cheers.

Nice job , fwiw my wipers were juddering yesterday and I dont have anything on the screen , just BSD on the side windows , think new wipers dont help

• Like 1