Anyone experienced trouble with Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's cracking?

Have noticed the Dunlops on my car are all beginning to crack around the outer edge tyre tread. Rears have done 23.5k, fronts about 12k. They arent bad as in unsafe but its surprising to see cracking in tyres that arent even 7 months old (fronts with 12k).

The fronts are due replacement but I really dont think i'll go Dunlop again, probably Goodyear F1's or Michelin PS3.

Have noticed the Dunlops on my car are all beginning to crack around the outer edge tyre tread. Rears have done 23.5k, fronts about 12k. They arent bad as in unsafe but its surprising to see cracking in tyres that arent even 7 months old (fronts with 12k).

The fronts are due replacement but I really dont think i'll go Dunlop again, probably Goodyear F1's or Michelin PS3.

Presumably the rears are older, so are both front and rear cracking? When were they manufactured?

I'd contact the manufacturer and let than have a look; could be a faulty batch, or the tyres have been contaminated somewhere along the line. Either way it gives you peace of mind.

I have recently went from Dunlop SP01's to Goodyear Efficient Grip, much better tyres;car feels more planted to the road and the ride is comfier. The only downside is they are slightly noisier at the rear (like you are driving continually over a wet road) than the Dunlops.

Kwikfit were doing them for £115 a corner including at home mobile fitting. My Skoda dealer was charging over £150.

Seems very early for them to be cracking alright. I'd give another vote for Goodyear Efficient Grip, have them on my wife's Focus the last couple of years and find them very good. My Octy came with Bridgestones but only have it a few days so can't comment on them yet.

Mines still running on the original Dunlop's, but they are the Sport Maxx GTs as running on 18" rims. Rotated at 38k front to rear and now on 48k still with 4.5mm tread left on front 3mm rear, not the best tyre for grip, very hard side walls so don't help with ride quality but no sign of cracking on mine. I'm going to swap for a set of Goodyear F1 AS2s later in the summer.

I'll hazard a guess that Pipsyp is not a hoon and that Matt Pez is not an 80 yo granny which leaves with Dunlop unable to achieve consistent formulation during manufacture.

I have only done10k km on my 17 inch max sports but from the wear characteristics to date could achieve about 40k km if I swap front/rears.

• Like 1