Yeti question

dfps

Can anyone please tell me if the Yeti has a rev limit when stationary.?
I tried to rev it and it wont go past 2500rpm as if it is electronically limited ?

My diesel won't rev over 2500 but my wife's petrol mini goes up to the red line. Is it a diesel thing?

Yes, from what I can gather it's specific to diesels. I don't know the ins and outs as to why it's so though.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Have now managed to find additional info that if Traction control is turned off the car will red line ( not that I would want to do that )

I was worried that I had done something wrong after using VCDS to remove redundant error codes.

Now happy that all is ok.

Yes it does, like many modern cars.

It makes doing a noise test at a motoring event awkward!

I noticed that at Bedford on Saturday.

Bloke asked me what the redline was, I said 5k, he asked me to rev so he could measure noise - I didn't tell him it limited at 2500....not that a standard Yeti would have been an issue anyway :)

Amusing that when he tested Richard's bonkers blue Yeti, he probably held the device near the exhaust at the rear. 

What he didn't realise was that one's just for show - real one exits underneath somewhere, so it probably helped reduce it by a few dB....

His is a bit louder than mine though :)

• Like 1