Evening all,

Bought a 14 plate 1.2 105 SE Rapid Spaceback today. Love the car but i can't seem to change gear without the slightest judder. Clutch seems fine, changes gear no problem. Is it just characteristic of the car and i am being too fussy? No one else notices it.

Thanks!

Mine has a vibration when i change from 3rd to 4th. If i put a bit of back pressure in 3rd not as noticeable in 1st and 5th but still there without pressing the clutch it feels like the shaft is bent/not true. going to have it looked at at service.

Thanks for your replies. When it gets serviced, which shouldn't be for another year, i'll mention it. Just taken it out for a run and it's perfect when i'm boosting it a bit, only slightly noticable at low speed. I'm sure it's just me being fussy.

That 1.2 engine is an engineering marvel!

• Like 1

That 1.2 engine is an engineering marvel!

Agree. It's really smooth, loves to rev, has double the bhp of my last 1.2.

If it was a little less thirsty it would be perfect.

Can't see why anyone would choose the rattly old TDi instead of this gem of a motor to be honest,

especially as the EU looks like taxing diesel out of existence in the next few years.

• Like 2

Occasionally it doesn't like going into reverse but mostly mine is fine .

The engine is just great though just had two weeks in the North of Scotland and did 1400 miles and the car drives so well that you wouldn't know it was a 1.2 !