2015 Fabia Monte

Nobody is holding their breath on a vRS (RS) are they,?

the CEO said in 2013 there would not be one when the new model was launched.

But a better choice of engines will have to become available at some point, and what it is called hardly matters.

Using Monte Carlo as a name for Trim Levels and the same mechanicals as other models is really discrediting any Motor Sport Heritage connections.

The only Skoda in Motorsport and with success now is the S2000's using the Mk2 Shell & the Fabia R5 with the New Body Shell.

Nobody is buying New Sporty looking Fabias because of that tenuous connection surely.

(MC Deck Chairs should be in the Skoda Merchandise Brochures.)

• Like 2

Just priced up what I'd want/need (MC Estate Diesel) - £20,300?!?!?!?! What?!

Considering there's ex-demo deals on Octy vRS's and loads of low finance deals, I'll be saving for a Deposit on an Octavia by the looks of it. Just makes more sense for the money.

Just priced up what I'd want/need (MC Estate Diesel) - £20,300?!?!?!?! What?!

Considering there's ex-demo deals on Octy vRS's and loads of low finance deals, I'll be saving for a Deposit on an Octavia by the looks of it. Just makes more sense for the money.

My brand new VRS that is on the boat as we speak cost a lot less than that!

• Like 1

Good deal, about £4,500 below list in the UK.

Another example of Skoda UK crazy RRP's and the Discounts you can get, 

and why the real world residuals are pathetic with Skodas compared to the figures they give you.

But if you can buy cheap in the first place and are keeping the car so not concerned on selling it you are quids in.

• Like 1

Good deal, about £4,500 below list in the UK.

Another example of Skoda UK crazy RRP's and the Discounts you can get, 

and why the real world residuals are pathetic with Skodas compared to the figures they give you.

But if you can buy cheap in the first place and are keeping the car so not concerned on selling it you are quids in.

Is that Skoda UK or is it tax? VAT is obvious but besides that? I know the Danes are paying a ridiculous 180% car tax and VAT on top of that on new cars, but how is UK?

My 110 TSI ,  Moon White, black wheeled, sport package etc etc Estate was priced 13.000 GBP including VAT. Guess that VAG Sweden did make a profit on that as well.

Edited by pfaff

All other car manufacturers selling through dealerships in the UK are paying the same taxes and so are customers.

Skoda UK just do not offer the same value and lower prices as they did and compared to other makes. IMO.

It is Skoda UK that have Crazy RRP's / OTR,  then Discounts / Offers / VAT Free Equivalents to get people buying, 

and then Lease / Fleet / Business deals very different from Private Buyers getting or not getting a good deal.

My brand new VRS that is on the boat as we speak cost a lot less than that!

I need to visit your dealer!!! Brand new Mk3 vRS for that much is too good to pass up!

i need a weekend test on a 1.2 DSG, if i can stomach in for a long term drive i may just go for a Monte Carlo.  However the price needs to be really worked on by the dealer as currently the spec i want comes in at the same as a discounted DSG Polo Gti and i simply cannot justify that.  If the price can be sub 15k then i may have a deal.

Also whats thrown a spanner in the works is the local dealer has just advertised a nov 2013 VRS mk2 estate with all options ticked and just 7k on clock for £10500 so seriously contemplating this currently.

I need to visit your dealer!!! Brand new Mk3 vRS for that much is too good to pass up!

Not a problem PM me and I'll give you the details

Just had a quote to replace my little Citigo with a Monte Fabia

SKODA FABIA HATCHBACK 1.2 TSI 110 Monte Carlo 5dr with Rear parking sensor, Front fog lights, Air conditioning, Special paint - Meteor grey, Electric rear windows, Hill hold control, Sports suspension, Headlight washers, 17" Twist star black alloy wheels, Space saver spare wheel (£14,540)

Edited by Tim1631

No that is just a price of the car without knowing about my citigo.

I use New car discount then ask the dealers in my area to match or beat and they beat every time

Sorry i am still confused. 

Are you saying you can buy a car as described in post #61 for £14,540 with cash money and own it,

or is this some PCP / Lease deal where you have to pay more later if you want to own the car ?

EDIT.

OK,

i see it now on a Laptop.

You could buy it for £14540 if you wished. Yes. Or you could take it on a PCP.

Look on the link above http://www.new-car-discount.com/car/skoda/fabia-hatchback/hatchback/petrol/manual/1.2-tsi-monte-carlo-5dr/15/. It will take you to the website I ise to get a quote. I then use this quote to play dealers off against each other until someone beats it.

Dropped in on Progress Skoda in Northampton on my travels yesterday. They've just taken delivery of their MC demonstrator. I only had time to look at it for a couple of minutes, but first impressions were positive. Seats are comfortable. The interior colour scheme isn't quite as in-your-face as I was expecting. I must admit I'm coming round to it, if only because the standard black interior is so drab. Pedals a bit garish but I wouldn't be looking at them. Pseudo carbon fibre finish on the dash looks good. Steering wheel is very nice - is it the same as the 'Supersport' one that's on the options list for the other trim levels?

Externally, body add-ons all look very good. It seems strange to say it, but the Race Blue paint reduces their visual effect. They'd look more obvious on lighter paint colours.

It DEFINITELY needs the sports suspension. This one looks like it's on stilts!

post-123086-0-90517800-1438772675_thumb.jpg

post-123086-0-50098400-1438772702_thumb.jpg

post-123086-0-98843500-1438772717_thumb.jpg

post-123086-0-48049500-1438772738_thumb.jpg

Its the "supersport" steering wheel, yes, and the seats are the sports - in a different fabric.

And the interior colourscheme is hideous.

From the pictures above, it just looks too much like a normal Fabia. Yes it's got a massive spoiler in the boot lid and a rear diffuser glued on, but the standard kit isn't great and to spec it to what i'd want I might aswell get a bigger car for the same price. The estate also can't be configured with DSG as of yet, i'm not sure whether that's a bug or if it won't be an option (The dealer I spoke to in Cardiff said that it'll be available in that combination, but then again I corrected him when he thought the TDI could come with 110 in DSG when it can't).

Hmmmm. I'd like to seen an estate Monte, might pop to my Leicester branch soon see if they've got anything.

Not a problem PM me and I'll give you the details

Just had a quote to replace my little Citigo with a Monte Fabia

SKODA FABIA HATCHBACK 1.2 TSI 110 Monte Carlo 5dr with Rear parking sensor, Front fog lights, Air conditioning, Special paint - Meteor grey, Electric rear windows, Hill hold control, Sports suspension, Headlight washers, 17" Twist star black alloy wheels, Space saver spare wheel (£14,540)

Did a quote earlier myself.

SKODA FABIA HATCHBACK 1.2 TSI 110 Monte Carlo 5dr with Special Paint - Meteor Grey, Electric rear windows, Climate Control Air Conditioning, Keyless Start, 17" Twist star black alloy wheels, Space saver spare wheel, Light assistant and Sports suspension.

Came out at £14,905, which I'm happy enough with, certainly more reasonable than the £17,535 list price!

I'll try some local dealers to see if they have their demos in yet and see how they compare price wise.

Just tried that site and got a 6k saving on an Octy vRS TDI at 20k and 15k for a specced fabia at 15k. Quite good that! The finance quotes are very high though, would need to get a price match at a dealer and take advantage of 0% (I'm only 21 so kinda run off PCP)

You'll be very, very lucky to get that kind of discount and 0%, £0 deposit PCP finance. I've talked to several brokers and as soon as you ask for 0% PCP, the discount takes a fall.

The list price for Fabias is misleading at the moment anyway because of the £500 deposit contribution you automatically get if you take out 0% PCP finance. What Skoda have done to the current Fabia with the MC version is typical of all previous MC's, no matter whether it's an older Fabia, a Yeti or a Citigo etc - make no changes to the mechanicals but fit a tarted up body kit and some interior goodies. So it wasn't difficult to predict what the Mk3 Fabia MC would be like. If they do anything to improve performance, they tread on the VRS's toes (if there were one) and knock insurance premiums for six, for young drivers at least.

Many here are criticising Skoda for pushing prices up. Perhaps they are, but that is the prize VAG are aiming for - increased margins because of a strong brand image. Where Skoda wins big time over anyone else atm is the £0 deposit, 0% PCP finance that you can stretch out over 42 months if you want to. You'll see what appear to be bigger discounts offered on Polos, Fiesta etc, and the prices then look much better value than the Fabia. But if you need finance, do the sums for both the monthlies and the total amount paid; the Fabia easily wrestles the VFM prize back. If you're lucky enough to have a big wad of notes burning a hole in your pocket your options improve considerably.

Edited by Citigopher

Ordered mine this morning  :happy:

Monte Carlo Combi

Candy White

17 Inch Twist Star Alloys

Sports Suspension

Bolero Radio

Heated Front Seats

Heated Washer Nozzles

Hoping to get it early October  :D

• Like 2

Heated washer nozzles? Not on the options list for UK! What else can be specified that isn't available to UK buyers, I wonder?

Will be ordering mine on Tuesday. Got a reasonable discount offered along with low deposit and 0% PCP. The final value they've given the MC is good too - over £7k - which helps to keep the monthlies down.