2015 Fabia Monte

Ive had a call from dealer today. Mine has come forward although only 1 week to build week 45. So im still going to have had to wait 14 to 15 weeks for my car. Very long time i think.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gather it can take nearly a week for batch of cars to be "trained" up to Emden Port.

Then cars grouped until enough to make a trip to Ireland viable. Emden (the Ship) is going into Emden (the port) tomorrow(8th Oct). It usually comes into Dublin port. My car came into Cork on the Southern Highway. However, it's in South America at the moment - but ... African Highway is also going into Emden tomorrow (8th Oct).

You can keep a check there on Marinetraffic.com  - the link for Emden Port is http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/175  - and you click on the ships in port to see what their destinations are !! 

Check Cork Port ( http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/247  ) for finals...

Then you get up at dawn and head down to Little Island (or Tivoli Docks) with your binoculars and long-zoom, and photo the ship coming into port.  :D

If you sneak into the docks - you might even see them drive your car off the ship - it'll be easy to spot !!

:D

Hopefully my dealer will have some info for me soon on which ship its going to be on.

That's a really handy site, will keep an eye on comings and goings from Emden. 

Also the ship Emden arrived in the port Emden this evening

Edited by Mcburns88
  • Like 1

Anyone got a clue what port UK vehicles come into? Do they all arrive in Grimsby? Waiting for my new Fabia to arrive in the UK!

They seem to arrive at a mix of Grimsby (+ nearby Immington and Killingholme), Tyne and Sheerness. Cars also come into Bristol and Liverpool  - though it looks like VAG tend not to.  Others here may have more detailed info.   

A Meteor Grey Estate has popped up on ebay for the princely sum of £15,995 - it looks the absolute business!

Thinking I might have to cough up for the sports suspension now! :)

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Edited by robwills
  • Like 1

What a beaut!  :D

The dog is only delighted to be moving from a VW Up to the Fabia soon.

Here he is today in the back of a friend's hatchback Monte Carlo  :D

image.jpg

• Like 2

That's a lovely touch by the dealer! I wish more people understood that it'd small inexpensive things like this that make the difference and generate positive word of mouth publicity.

Car looks great! Is the panoramic roof larger in the estate? I've seen it in the hatch but the one in yours looks much larger.

Sorry still haven't got round to taking a photo but the sun roof in the estate stretches right back to the rear quarter light window so I reckon it might be longer than the hatch

• Like 1

Personally like it in Corrida Red or Candy White....and it saves a few hundred notes!

What colour will the top coat be on that? Looks like a Royal Navy special edition.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Like 2

Mine still hasn't moved.... Although seeing all the pics I am very tempted to phone up and get the 17"s slung on there as it still isn't anywhere near the build date!! 

Mine still hasn't moved.... Although seeing all the pics I am very tempted to phone up and get the 17"s slung on there as it still isn't anywhere near the build date!! 

17s AND sports suspension. Go on do it, you know you want to! 

Its a cracking looking little car....in red with the stock 16's and sports suspension really does look good.....i'd even wager the 1.2 90ps goes well enough having driven a 1.2 86ps TSI Mk2 SE courtesy car a while ago and being v impressed with its low and mid range go.

Just feel the Fabia is starting to get a bit costly for my tastes, much like the Mk3 Octavia.

Im stuck with (not that its a bad thing in many respects as its a nice car) a Mk3 Octavia 2.0 TDI 150 Elegance as a 2nd run around at the moment as its not worth a fart compared to what it owes on finance....I suspect residuals on the Mk3 Fabia are likely to go the same way

....will be v popular....oversupply then driving down used prices as they have the Octavia. If it werent for this id probably go to my dealers and order an MC hatch tomorrow to replace it with I like it that much.

Edited by pipsypreturns

Mine was built at the start of last week (7 weeks after ordering 15th August).

Still no news about ETA. Hoping i'll have it by the end of October. 4 weeks for delivery after build seems long to be waiting! 

I've had the worst news! Initially I was told a week after ordering that my build date was coming forward. Was excited to receive an email from the dealer last week explaining that my car had been built.. with the wrong engine. It's arrived with a DSG when I ordered the 110 TSI. They weren't able to make much of an offer on upgrading to the DSG (and I didn't really want one anyway) so I'm re-ordering and looking at some time around Christmas. :|

I've had the worst news! Initially I was told a week after ordering that my build date was coming forward. Was excited to receive an email from the dealer last week explaining that my car had been built.. with the wrong engine. It's arrived with a DSG when I ordered the 110 TSI. They weren't able to make much of an offer on upgrading to the DSG (and I didn't really want one anyway) so I'm re-ordering and looking at some time around Christmas. :|

Free DSG would have been nice

Emailed my dealer today to check build date (originally week 48 / last week in November) and he said my Monte is being built this week! Must have had dozens of diesels cancelled I reckon.

Mad that it's over a month early.

I know this question has been asked a million times, but what's the average time between build and collection from dealer in peoples experience?

Sent from my Moto G

Emailed my dealer today to check build date (originally week 48 / last week in November) and he said my Monte is being built this week! Must have had dozens of diesels cancelled I reckon.

Mad that it's over a month early.

I know this question has been asked a million times, but what's the average time between build and collection from dealer in peoples experience?

Sent from my Moto G

I would say 4 weeks minimum, it depends on how quick it gets put on the train to Emden after it's built then how long it waits for a berth on the ship to the UK. Once it's in the UK you'll could be waiting up to 2 weeks. It's getting into the quiet time of year now leading up to Christmas so you may just hit lucky.

• Like 1