Fantastic feature

The KESSY allows you to use the door handle as the unlock/lock button.

It works per side. Walk up (with locked) and put your hand into the handle. Unlock.

To lock. Press the outside of the handle.

I notice that with stop start I can pull up to a stop. Stop start turns it off. Then get out. Tap the door handle and walk away. Only effort is putting it into park, taking seatbelt off and walking away.

Only time I seem to press the start button is when I get in to pull away.

• Like 1

Only time I seem to press the start button is when I get in to pull away.

So, how do you stop the engine running? :)

I'm guessing it's similar to other keyless systems. So of course it might lock but will also unlock instantly as well as the key is near the car!

• Like 1

I have full KESSY (keep the keys in your pocket etc)

I left them in my coat that goes in my boot.

I closed the boot (car being locked at this point). Boot pops open. WOW

Fantastic feature on my fabia boot: https://youtu.be/ddXfqaxi6vw

Yes - it's standard.. it tells you in the manual..  it may even do the same with KESSY GO..  I tend to keep hold of my keys though, so I'm not going to bother trying it..

To stop the engine, auto stop start has already kicked in and turned the engine off. Taking seatbelt off when its already turned it off makes it stop automatic starting.

Yes - it's standard.. it tells you in the manual..  it may even do the same with KESSY GO..  I tend to keep hold of my keys though, so I'm not going to bother trying it..

I have the KESSY GO checked when I picked car up that it is possible to lock the keys in the boot. Managed to do that in my old Fabia 1.9 2005 estate Joe

I have the KESSY GO checked when I picked car up that it is possible to lock the keys in the boot. Managed to do that in my old Fabia 1.9 2005 estate Joe

Have with great trepidation locked the car SEL 90 opened the boot chucked the kessy go keys in

And shut the boot,spare keys in little hot hand,lights flashed twice boot unlocked Joe

Stop/start

That I disable in city traffic. Appreciate AC in the sun and a powerful battery when needed.

And for the environment aspect, yes I know, I know...

Auto stop start is sensitive and will stay on with a/c and battery. I sat in the car for 3 hours playing music (engine off but ignition on) before it told me battery is low.

Auto stop start is sensitive and will stay on with a/c and battery. I sat in the car for 3 hours playing music (engine off but ignition on) before it told me battery is low.

interesting - engine should start automatically, if you have Bolero on for any amount of time to stop the drain on the battery (it's a feature on all Mk3s).. looks like you'll have to do some harsh braking to top the battery up!

Ignition does not mean that the start/stop was active. For this to activate you need to

- stop the car totally

- put in neutral and release clutch

If you then after this open the driver side door, the system is deactivated, and you need to start from button again. I am not sure on removing the seat belt will also disable the function.

I actually find that the start/stop is too eager to start the engine again, I have a road where there is a lot of traffic  and some slope downwards which means that I can slowly roll using only breaks and could have the engine off, but the start/stop starts the engine as soon as the wheels turn :( I can appreciate that this is a security feature since the brake and steering servos will not work when engine is off, but this still bugs me

Havent got kessy, only essy or whatever, a quite meaningless feature as you have to wear the key and push for unlocking and locking anyway. So Im finding myself sitting in the seat with the key in hand and having nowhere to put it. Id probably forget it when leaving the car if put in a storage tray. Does that mean that I should begin wearing a tweed jacket for having a handy pocket at hands!? :)

A key in a keyhole is likely found where one put it. Is that a grumpy view?

• Like 1

Havent got kessy, only essy or whatever, a quite meaningless feature as you have to wear the key and push for unlocking and locking anyway. So Im finding myself sitting in the seat with the key in hand and having nowhere to put it. Id probably forget it when leaving the car if put in a storage tray. Does that mean that I should begin wearing a tweed jacket for having a handy pocket at hands!? :)

A key in a keyhole is likely found where one put it. Is that a grumpy view?

Hi pfaff I have Kessy GO with a redundant ignition key. Its a bit of a pain in the butt as to where to stash the keys (no rude comments please) I am still trying to get used to not having to put a key in the ignition after 50 yrs of driving using an ignition key. I like your idea of wearing a tweed jacket but will just have to content myself with wearing a fleece.  I Like your grumpy view  :D

• Like 1

Hi pfaff I have Kessy GO with a redundant ignition key. Its a bit of a pain in the butt as to where to stash the keys (no rude comments please) I am still trying to get used to not having to put a key in the ignition after 50 yrs of driving using an ignition key. I like your idea of wearing a tweed jacket but will just have to content myself with wearing a fleece.  I Like your grumpy view  :D

Hi Joe

You might just find you need that “Redundant Key” one day. But I hope not

As it will be the only way of getting into the car if the electrical unlock fails or if you need to put a new battery into the remote control.

Have a look at page 180 in the manual.

What I still have to discover is how to open the fuel flap if the lock fails to withdraw

When I had an Octavia you could manually open the fuel flap from an access panel in the boot

John