New color Citigo....

CicaYeti

hi dear,

the last week was a surprise for our new order. Every choice seems the final and the good but the color went off order, yes they stopped the production of Citigo in 'silver leaf' (we chose it) and push for the 'tungsten silver' (we deeply hate it). The good piece of news comes with the turning of 'night blue' in new 'Sapphire metallic blue', very beautiful (imho) and fresh!

It's difficult to show you the difference because, at the present, the european configurators show the same tint of ancient blue.....disappointed!

We chose the new 'Sapphire blue' for our Citigo.

Pay attention at select the 'new led' daylight because they fit them in the fog light place, so you'll loose the fog lights, crazy!

hi dear,

the last week was a surprise for our new order. Every choice seems the final and the good but the color went off order, yes they stopped the production of Citigo in 'silver leaf' (we chose it) and push for the 'tungsten silver' (we deeply hate it). The good piece of news comes with the turning of 'night blue' in new 'Sapphire metallic blue', very beautiful (imho) and fresh!

It's difficult to show you the difference because, at the present, the european configurators show the same tint of ancient blue.....disappointed!

Pay attention at select the 'new led' daylight because they fit them in the fog light place, so you'll loose the fog lights, crazy!

Interesting to note about the fog lights. I assumed it'd be a ringed surround, like the new mini's and the fog lights would be in the centre. Seems mad to have a upgrade day-time running light that already comes with the car, and lose fog lights in exchange! 

Interesting to note about the fog lights. I assumed it'd be a ringed surround, like the new mini's and the fog lights would be in the centre. Seems mad to have a upgrade day-time running light that already comes with the car, and lose fog lights in exchange! 

Not mad, just cost-saving, No need to design a new headlight unit then. Although I agree since I think cars with DRLs in the fog position look like an afterthought and don't look fully integrated. In fact, they ARE an afterthought lol. Since the bumper with fogs will have came before and THEN they have decided to fit DRLs in by swapping the fog for the LED DRL. Rather than doing it right and redesigning the front bumper 

Edited by Ollie 2013
  • Like 1

Guessing the LED DRLs would be the same as on the MK2 Fabia vRS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming they fit the same sized fog light sockets then you bet it will be! Again, Skoda are gonna use what they already have rather than design and build new units just for the citigo. 

I would like to believe that fog light and drl are integrated in same light unit. It wouldn't make sense if not.

Better believe it buddy. It's fog light LED DRLs or no LED DRLs I'm afraid for 2016 range 

hi dear,

Hi, is this the colour of Sapphire Blue:

Skoda-citigo.jpg

If so, I like it ALOT 

Edited by Ollie 2013

It will still have fogs too.

But like my Rapid with DRL,s built into the main beam bulb (H15) but after June they'll be moved to the fog lights too. It's gonna look daft if you ask me. Seat have the best set up [emoji106]

hi everyone,

@ Emil:

seller told me about a total conversion of fog lights in the new led drl......he clearly told me 'we put on the new 'gadget' and we loose the fog lights'

so....the new led drl are an optional and you could not select it maintainig the normal alogen drl on the upper part of the bumper and the normal fog lights in the lower part of the bumper in the Elegance that change its name in Style....

@ VRS Mike:  Yes,  model 2016

@ Ollie 2013:   probably the new color is that, but pic is orrible :notme:  the color we saw is better on the paper :sweat:  and we hope best on Citigo metal body :rofl:

bye

I see, and that's what our configurator is showing too. I'm not going to miss fog lights though. Quite useless lights they are.

I ended up to visit my dealer and ask an offer for trade our -13 Citigo to new -16 Citigo. At first glance deal was impossible for me. Now after couple of ales it's not so impossible anymore. :notme:

• Like 1

I had the Silver Leaf, it was a nice colour when polished up almost looked pearlescent, shame it's discontinued.

Would have had that colour above again, the new Blue looks very nice too and will suit the Citigo.

I see, and that's what our configurator is showing too. I'm not going to miss fog lights though. Quite useless lights they are.

I ended up to visit my dealer and ask an offer for trade our -13 Citigo to new -16 Citigo. At first glance deal was impossible for me. Now after couple of ales it's not so impossible anymore. :notme:

Fog lights aren't useless. They're fantastic for visibility through fog for front, and rear fog lights are doubly brilliant at making you visible in thick fog!

Fog lights aren't useless. They're fantastic for visibility through fog for front, and rear fog lights are doubly brilliant at making you visible in thick fog!

Fog lights are useless.. if your stupid like me and put LED ones in :rofl:

• Like 1

Fog lights are useless.. if your stupid like me and put LED ones in :rofl:

I thought mine were excellent with Nightbreakers in [emoji106]

I do understand rear fog light. Citigo's front fog lights aren't brilliant.

Got yellow fogs on my Citigo, and they cut through fog like nothing else. Massively increase my low level visibility (the road), which is kinda important :D 

• Like 1

Do you turn off the driving lights when you use fog lights? If not, fog lights would not help much. Better not drive more than 50 km/h at the same time as fog lights illuminates so short distance. 

We hardly ever have such fog that front fog lights would help. I use front fog lights as turning lights and I hardly notice if front fog light is on or off. I just bought Night breakers so lets see if it gets better.

Now I think I'll take front fog lights instead led DRL (for our new Citigo Style). "Style"-model includes front fog lights, but to get led DRL you have to pay extra. Not for me thanks.

Do you turn off the driving lights when you use fog lights? If not, fog lights would not help much. Better not drive more than 50 km/h at the same time as fog lights illuminates so short distance. 

We hardly ever have such fog that front fog lights would help. I use front fog lights as turning lights and I hardly notice if front fog light is on or off. I just bought Night breakers so lets see if it gets better.

Now I think I'll take front fog lights instead led DRL (for our new Citigo Style). "Style"-model includes front fog lights, but to get led DRL you have to pay extra. Not for me thanks.

If the visibility is poor, course I wouldn't be doing particularly quickly :P Fog lights may increase visibility, but they don't reduce impact with solid objects... 

I live in Scotland. Fog and heavy mist &/or rain is very common. They're practically an essential for cars. 

Definitely with you though about not paying for the LED DRL's. Not worth it. If you *REALLY* want LED DRL's, you can buy the bulb yourself. :D