Squeaky Rapid

5 hours ago, Dec37 said:

Koreenium.....the problem in the first place is it SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING anytime

Back squeaking like **** again

Rang the garage they said the car was completely checked and the car is fine and roadworthy

So there getting the keys back in the morning

Theres no way its normal and no way anyone should have to listen to it everytime they go over a speedramp

Well im not putting up with it anyone

I'm not saying that this is acceptable but sadly it is a common problem. 

Luckily for me it's squeaking only when going over speed bumps and only on the front right corner. I can imagine that if it's doing it all day long it's going to drive you crazy pretty quickly. If they can't get it fixed then obviously cancelling the financing is the way to go.

I accept and understand your point but cant understand why anyone just accept it as normal when obviously it wudnt be happening unless there is a genuine problem with the car

And like you mine only squeeks going over speed ramp,which i go over maybe 30-40 a day and am definately not accepting this as normal

Miserable ****s trying to fob me off and didnt even bother getting back to me

Its amazing when your buying something they lick your ass but when it comes to problems no one wants to know

All i can say is god help them in the morning when i arrive back down

Nobody should have to accept this as normal

How did you listen to it for 2 years? Ive 2 weeks now and its driving me mad

The worst part is i cant even enjoy driving the fecking thing and its sickening me because when its not squeaking its lovely to drive,3rd time going back now

Service woman said the car is perfect and road worthy

But.....last time i had it there the manager drove it amd it squeeked like **** so he knows there definately something wrong

Emailed me earlier to drop it down monday and they will give me a loan car so we,ll see what they say then

And as for warranty im not a penny for anything to be fixed on it for 12 months only have it 5 weeks

**** that 

My Roomster has made suspension noises since new. I have had new steering rack arms and drop links to no avail. I don't get if fully loaded so I am starting to think it is the anti-roll bar assembly but I cant be bothered to fix it. It does not affect the MOT so I have lived with it. My son hired a VW Polo of the same vintage (2013) and that did the same.

It wasn't constant, it would be bad for days and drive me crazy, then totally dissappear for a week. I used to think it only happened when it was cold, but then it happened when it wasn't.

It was a really good car otherwise. 

My Rapid has started squeaking on and off when going over speed bumps.

The squeak appears to move from front to back from time to time. However the car hadn't been used for 4 days and didn't squeak at all this morning.

Very odd.

Hello all,

I have the same issue with the squeaking noise from the front end, but mine only does it when it is cold outside and it's the first drive of the day and usually goes away after 5 or 10 min. My mistake untill now was that i always forgot about it whenever i went at the dealership for the mandatory periodical inspection. Reading all your posts now.... i think i'll pay them a visit before my warranty expires.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had same noise (sounded like a donkey under the bonnet 🤣) going over speed bumps mainly. 

I changed my front ARB bushes and noise went away, for a week anyway! I used Delphi bushes, but after speaking to a couple of garages they've told me unless you buy genuine Skoda bushes you need to use rubber grease. 

I have since bought genuine bushes and await fitting. They already look like they are manufactured from a different material and have a white powdery coating on them. Presume it's a form of lubricant!?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed a difference with the car being mostly inactive? Only use mine about once a week to go shopping - 15 minute drive each way - and doesn't squeak at all now even over the speed bumps (both full width of the road and those little ones you straddle).

Edited by WolfyWesty
Spelling

• 3 months later...

Just to chime in with this and add my experience; 

squeaking coming from front nearside and offside, especially over speed bumps.

I traced the noise to the Anti Roll Bar bushes.

Sprayed some lubricant over them and the noise was gone - that has been well over a year ago now and it hasn't returned.

If the bushes were worn, I would have replaced them, though they were fine and the above solved the issue.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1